Apple Carplay equalizer options?

BlackBlade17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
Hello all, I currently have a Galaxy S8 and am looking into getting a new iPhone. I currently run Viper4Android on my HU (Si with "premium sound") and play music through Google Play connected via USB. The Viper4Android does an amazing job making the music sound better and I couldn't imagine not using it.

For those who use Apple Carplay, is there any downloadable apps similar to Viper4Android that are usable as an equalizer for playing music? I read other threads that Viper4Android will not work in Carplay, so I was hoping someone discovered an alternative for iPhone use.

Thanks
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
As far as I know, V4A works for me with CarPlay. I'll need to double check this to be absolutely sure. As far as I know there is really no better alternatives for the head unit EQ app other than this one.

MrWaYne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5L CVT Sport Plus
Country flag
i dont know anybody, who has Viper properly working with Carplay.
it works with AA, USB, Bluetooth only.

OP
OP

BlackBlade17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
I may just have to go the bluetooth route as I stream everything. It sucks there is nothing for Apple lol.

I sometimes turn off my viper4android app just to see how much of a difference there is in sound quality and it's quite astounding. It really does transform music well with all the little adjustments you can make. I even upgraded the center speaker and tweeters and although they helped the stock audio output a bit, the viper4android really made the most difference.

mjdrama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
I have XS Max 13.5. jailbroken with underc0ver, main reason for this was systemwide EQE. Civic sounds really crappy without some EQ bass boosting.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
If you plan to use Apple Music, I think it has an equalizer built in. Not sure if that translates over CarPlay, or just headphones though.
Sponsored