Apple Carplay and volume

19redsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
When I have my iphone plugged into the usb port and am using carplay, the volume of the incoming call ringtone and the speaking volume appear to be inseparable. So, when I talk on the phone, I usually have to set it to 27/28 ish to be able to hear the other person clearly, but if I don't remember to turn the volume down to 12/14 ish (before anyone hangs up), the next call i get nearly gives me a heart attack. I've tried to set the volume when getting an incoming call (ringing) hoping that it'd be independent of speaking volume - this has not worked. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Sebbles

First Name
Sebi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Hello, I have a type r, so it should be similar. I noticed the same issue. I tried playing around in settings and wasn't able to find anything. My ringtone also gave me heart attacks, but i believe you are able to adjust the volume while ringing, i was able to adjust it there.

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I had this issue with my old head unit on my Subaru Forester. I made sure the head unit was updated, and that fixed it sometimes. However what solved this for me was using a high quality cable like the OEM one that came with the phone or an official Apple approved Third party company cable should resolve this issue for you. Also make sure there isn't any kinks in the cable. Hope this info helps you out. but like i said it for sure solved it for me.

OP
OP

19redsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
Okay, so I've adjusted the volume when it was ringing, answered the phone (and turned it up for the conversation). At next ring it was at the higher volume (or so I recall, I may have to try this again). I'm using an official Apple cable as well.

It'd just be nice if the ring volume was set independently and it was really obvious to see! I'll give the set during a ring a try again.
Sponsored