Apple Car Play - Blank Screen

KD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
I Have a 2016 Civic Sedan EX - all of a sudden, when I touch Apple Car Pay, I get a blank Screen, no apps showing. Has anyone else encountered this?
Sponsored

Smuckin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
I Have a 2016 Civic Sedan EX - all of a sudden, when I touch Apple Car Pay, I get a blank Screen, no apps showing. Has anyone else encountered this?
I have the same issue, was yours resolved?

x302

Threads
Reaction score
Website
michael.band
Vehicle(s)
Civic VTi-LX 2016
Country flag
It happened to me the other day, had to reboot the iPhone to sort it out. Also wanted to know it wasn't the head unit so started with the phone which a reboot fixed. :)

Daniel776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yeah i just did that and restarted it .. its a little buggy still but it worked.

Steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Happens to me all the time, what I do is turn off the screen with the brightness toggle and it resolves it

milosays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
i usually tap the Menu key, then select carplay as the source and the display will show again.

Daniel776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I take it back its being lame again. I even had to reset my phone ....

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had this issue fairly frequently. I've found that if I wait until the audio system finishes booting before plugging in my phone it usually works.

However it will sometimes crash randomly and then only shutting off the car will fix it. It most often crashes after the unit switches to one of the cameras.

I find that the phone will still connect with Bluetooth even following a crash, but this is obviously an inferior interface.

Daniel776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I had this issue fairly frequently. I've found that if I wait until the audio system finishes booting before plugging in my phone it usually works.

However it will sometimes crash randomly and then only shutting off the car will fix it. It most often crashes after the unit switches to one of the cameras.

I find that the phone will still connect with Bluetooth even following a crash, but this is obviously an inferior interface.

I noticed that too. I have an extra iPhone I now use as my iPod and I leave it plugged in. I had to disable the Bluetooth and unplug it every time and now after I wait for the system to load up. It works. And sometimes it doesn't. Hopefully is not a car problem but an iOS problem.

NicoleBcourt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
I noticed that too. I have an extra iPhone I now use as my iPod and I leave it plugged in. I had to disable the Bluetooth and unplug it every time and now after I wait for the system to load up. It works. And sometimes it doesn't. Hopefully is not a car problem but an iOS problem.

I noticed that it has nothing to do with the Bluetooth, and its definitely the car, when I try to unplug it and turn the bluetooth off, you can still the the song name that I was playing on the dashboard ....I have to unplug it, turn the car off, turn the car back on, and then it works

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be clear, connecting with Bluetooth following a crash doesn't restore iPlay. All it does is connect through the basic cellphone and audio icons. The Smartphohe icon stays grey as well.

As you said, the only thing that gets iplay back is shutting down the car

I agree, this is most likely a software issue in the car, but it's possible that there is a triggering bug in the phone's software. I just updated to 9.3.3, so I will let you know if there is any improvement.

Anyone know where we can find what the latest audio software version is?

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Guy has a video where he shows how to reboot the audio system without shutting off the car. Short version: press and hold the power button. A pop up will appear and ask you if you want to reboot.

NicoleBcourt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Honda Guy has a video where he shows how to reboot the audio system without shutting off the car. Short version: press and hold the power button. A pop up will appear and ask you if you want to reboot.
Omg thank you! I'm gonna try that tomorrow!!! hopefully it doesn't make it worse ...!
Sponsored