Apparently Honda is doing maximum damage control at dealerships

Have you brought in your 2016 for any problem since the purchase?

• Yes

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 51.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sparks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Android Auto works fine on my Android Nexus 6p...don't know where why there's even a doubt that it only works with Samsung phones. That's ridiculous.
Sponsored

cjackgo

cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
How can you keep calm with all these issues, i would most likely go ham if i paid 30 k and receive that much headaches, you got my respect.
When you ask someone for their help, and they did not cause the problem, it's counterproductive to take your frustration out on them, when they have the power to help you. Myself, I have no intent to bash Honda, but only to help solve problems in a productive way. When I feel I have exhausted all possible options with a manufacturer, I dump the car, which is exactly how came to buy my Civic in the first place.

illeggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing
I've been in 3 times! My dealership is blaming Honda Canada and Honda Canada is blaming the dealership. I'll attach my letter to them, along with a video of the faulty LCD that cannot be fixed.

I just had this happen to me last night on the way home in the late afternoon. The car had only been running about 10 - 15 minutes and there was bright sunshine hitting the video display (not sure that that has anything to do with it). As made a right turn, the video display went to left side camera and stopped blinking. Afterward, there was no more light on the display and no more blinking. I drove the car again this morning and no issues with the display. My car is an EX-T w/sensing and I have had it 5 days. Think I should take it in for technicians to look?

Thanks.

chucky2141

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 1998 Honda Civic DX
Country flag
I just had this happen to me last night on the way home in the late afternoon. The car had only been running about 10 - 15 minutes and there was bright sunshine hitting the video display (not sure that that has anything to do with it). As made a right turn, the video display went to left side camera and stopped blinking. Afterward, there was no more light on the display and no more blinking. I drove the car again this morning and no issues with the display. My car is an EX-T w/sensing and I have had it 5 days. Think I should take it in for technicians to look?

Thanks.
Same thing is happening to my car. 2016 Honda Civic EX-T.. See the two video links below.

Worst part is, this is the second time it has been fixed. The 2nd time it was fixed was about 1 month ago. Better for about 2 weeks. NOW IT IS WORSE!
HERE IS THE LIST

1. Android Auto/ honda link never connects
2. usb wire connection doesn't work. It chargers but wont link phone to screen
3. time constantly freezes and does not update
4. Bluetooth rarely works
5. sometimes when I get in the car, the screen is totally BLACK! have to shut off the car and turn back on several times
6. volume is fluctuating up and down.

At low speeds, my car is jolting. Something is up with it.

Also, within one month of having the car, this happened as well.

Bought this car in December of 15. This car has been a nightmare so far. Big mistake. I should have purchased a Mazda.

Sushimaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 lx
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing is happening to my car. 2016 Honda Civic EX-T.. See the two video links below.

Worst part is, this is the second time it has been fixed. The 2nd time it was fixed was about 1 month ago. Better for about 2 weeks. NOW IT IS WORSE!
HERE IS THE LIST

5. sometimes when I get in the car, the screen is totally BLACK! have to shut off the car and turn back on several times

Bought this car in December of 15. This car has been a nightmare so far. Big mistake. I should have purchased a Mazda.
Try reseting your infotainments system, fixed the time not updating for me, AA still doesn't connect tho...

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord

HERE IS THE LIST

Take the battery cable off and leave it off for a night see if that fixes the infotainment the exhaust is just rattling on something if you actually looked at it you would be able to find where's it's rattling

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I've had a few intermittent rattles (passenger seat belt area and under steering wheel), and my overhead map lights by sunroof switch is extremely loose, I can pull it out of the ceiling. I also had a weird grinding noise at start up one time. By far the biggest complaint I have is the bugginess of the infotainment system. This just happened to me today:

Beyond that, I love the car. But I am EXTREMELY happy I bought the HondaCare on this car. There's too much tech to go wrong and it's a first model year...not always a great combination.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
But I am EXTREMELY happy I bought the HondaCare on this car. There's too much tech to go wrong
Beware that the problem here is that HondaCare doesn't cover software defects any more than the warranty does. If the infotainment system goes up in flame and smoke, they'll replace it. If its software just sucks, and Honda doesn't have an update to fix it, they'll tell you it's working as designed.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Beware that the problem here is that HondaCare doesn't cover software defects any more than the warranty does. If the infotainment system goes up in flame and smoke, they'll replace it. If its software just sucks, and Honda doesn't have an update to fix it, they'll tell you it's working as designed.
There's always grey area, no doubt. But as the only system that controls the HVAC), I feel there's a pretty compelling legal argument to be made.

But I'm not that guy. I will bring it up to the dealer and push for them to fix it, but unless it consistently happens and seriously impedes the operation of the car, I'll let it be.

It's an inconvenience to be sure, but I'm realistic about my expectations. And I leased the car, and I'm happy I did if only for a safety net. The only two things that concern me about the car are the electronics. My moonroof wouldn't close one time with the car running and the mild bugginess of the head unit. Other than that, I expect a few rattles on a redeisgned car's first year, ya know?

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
I've had a few intermittent rattles (passenger seat belt area and under steering wheel), and my overhead map lights by sunroof switch is extremely loose, I can pull it out of the ceiling. I also had a weird grinding noise at start up one time. By far the biggest complaint I have is the bugginess of the infotainment system. This just happened to me today:

Beyond that, I love the car. But I am EXTREMELY happy I bought the HondaCare on this car. There's too much tech to go wrong and it's a first model year...not always a great combination.
I put in roof consoles on the crv the switch is identical, I'm confused how it wasn't put all the way in go ahead and firmly push/hit it in there's little clips on the side that lock in so do that and it should stays in

deputy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
I put in roof consoles on the crv the switch is identical, I'm confused how it wasn't put all the way in go ahead and firmly push/hit it in there's little clips on the side that lock in so do that and it should stays in
I had a similar issue on my Touring Sedan. Screen would flicker on and off. Like you, I took a video and showed it to the dealership. They replaced the entire unit. Worked fine since.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I tried doing that. You'd think it would just "click back into place, but it's still loose. Not sure if a clip was broken or not installed.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
I tried doing that. You'd think it would just "click back into place, but it's still loose. Not sure if a clip was broken or not installed.
Pull it out all the way I think there's 4 clips that snap in to the roof console and see if there is a broken one I've never saw one broken but it might be possible

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Pull it out all the way I think there's 4 clips that snap in to the roof console and see if there is a broken one I've never saw one broken but it might be possible
I'll take a look next time I get in the car. It seems to be not secure on the side closest to the windshield. Thanks!
Sponsored