APK Install

MorsusMihi

Just a quick question, I have recently bought a 10th Gen civic as a daily and the model I have did not come with XM radio, However I do have a 9th gen SI that I keep a current XM radio subscription on witch also gives me access to XM radio online,
I am able to play XM radio through the android auto feature of my vehicle but its very cumbersome to navigate.
I have noticed that there is an APK install section in my head unit yet I cant seem to get it to function. I have already determine that the USB stick has to be formatted in a fat32 format for the head unit to recognize it and i have downloaded the APK into the root directory and the head unit sees it now, However the install button stays greyed out,

Has anyone encountered this or have been successful installing an app into the head unit with out needing to use the Honda Hack app??
Sponsored

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
You need to install honda hack in order to install any apk on the headunit

OP
OP

MorsusMihi

i dont understand why, there is already a spot on the factory head unit running the factory OS, there is a spot that shows APK, Calculator, and downloads

Why would there already be an option to search for and install and APK from factory if you need Honda Hack, I would prefer not to put unverified software onto my head unit if I dont have to

Raa430

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017
Country flag
You’re a idiot. Honda hack is a trusted application. Do some research before you ask a simple question that can be searched in the forums. And by the way I’m pretty sure you need a separate xm module for it to work on the head unit

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
i dont understand why, there is already a spot on the factory head unit running the factory OS, there is a spot that shows APK, Calculator, and downloads

It uses a android based OS. Most of those things are there by default. And Honda doesn't want you installing random apk on their headunit.

OP
OP

MorsusMihi

You’re a idiot. Honda hack is a trusted application. Do some research before you ask a simple question that can be searched in the forums. And by the way I’m pretty sure you need a separate xm module for it to work on the head unit
You need to watch your mouth before opening it, I dont care if YOU think Honda Hack is a trusted application, At the end of the day it is written by a THIRD party to ROOT and unlock certain features that the head was SPECIFICALLY PROGRAMED not to use, other wise these options and features would have been available straight from Honda, Does Honda sell this app??? I'm thinking not.

Just like rooting your handheld device that's running an android OS, This adds risk as it could interfere with basic operation of the device,

Just because you trust the code of some stranger on the internet does not make this a trusted app, Please explain to me on what platform this is a trusted app, Whos verified it? Has it been verified by the google store to be safe for your vehicle? Are you 100% confidant that the programming is correct.

If you want to install some THIRD party software into your vehicle that's HEAVILY controlled by computers then be my fucking guest,

And for your information I did do my research, And being in the I.T Field I can say with %100 conviction that I would never want this program on my device simply because I have no idea how it was programed,

Further more you idiot, Our vehicles have the ability to connect to Wi-Fi, So I was going to simply install the Sirius XM app into my head unit and use my cell phone as a hot spot.

Next time maybe try not to insult people and base your replies on actual facts.
Simply put, YOU HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHOS MADE HONDA HACK NOR WHOS CLASSED IT SAFE TO RUN ON ANDROID 4.4

Eat a dick sir and have a lovely day

Raa430

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017
Country flag
You need to watch your mouth before opening it, I dont care if YOU think Honda Hack is a trusted application, At the end of the day it is written by a THIRD party to ROOT and unlock certain features that the head was SPECIFICALLY PROGRAMED not to use, other wise these options and features would have been available straight from Honda, Does Honda sell this app??? I'm thinking not.

Just like rooting your handheld device that's running an android OS, This adds risk as it could interfere with basic operation of the device,

Just because you trust the code of some stranger on the internet does not make this a trusted app, Please explain to me on what platform this is a trusted app, Whos verified it? Has it been verified by the google store to be safe for your vehicle? Are you 100% confidant that the programming is correct.

If you want to install some THIRD party software into your vehicle that's HEAVILY controlled by computers then be my fucking guest,

And for your information I did do my research, And being in the I.T Field I can say with %100 conviction that I would never want this program on my device simply because I have no idea how it was programed,

Further more you idiot, Our vehicles have the ability to connect to Wi-Fi, So I was going to simply install the Sirius XM app into my head unit and use my cell phone as a hot spot.

Next time maybe try not to insult people and base your replies on actual facts.
Simply put, YOU HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHOS MADE HONDA HACK NOR WHOS CLASSED IT SAFE TO RUN ON ANDROID 4.4

Eat a dick sir and have a lovely day
Holy shit someone got butthurt

OP
OP

MorsusMihi

Holy shit someone got butthurt
I am always but hurt when it comes to stupid people, This world needs to do better

This will be my last post ever on this site, I have made 2 posts and both have been received by stupid people with big mouths that have nothing helpful to say

10th Gen owners must just be pieces of shit

Last edited by a moderator:

Raa430

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017
Country flag
I am always but hurt when it comes to stupid people, This world needs to do better

This will be my last post ever on this site, I have made 2 posts and both have been received by stupid people with big mouths that have nothing helpful to say

Lol you’re a 10th gen owner as well so by your own words you’re a piece of shit haha

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

To be fair it was only one 10th gen owner, Please don't judge a site based on the comments of one person.

Regarding your question honda did not do a good job with the head unit interface, by including a non functional APK install tab.

I've been using Honda Hack for 4 years without a issue to run a offline GPS app.....a GPS speedometer app and a nice stopwatch.
Sponsored