powerwing

First Name
Jacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Since I dont see a lot of guys running this exhaust I figured I would post up my quick thoughts and some pictures of the exhaust on the car.

My hunt for an exhaust had been a little bit exhausting. A lot of what I have seen on the market especially once mounted on the car looks almost oem with bigger tips. I was more looking for something a little more of a showoff piece.

The Apexi Exhaust itself in my opinion is a gorgeous piece, and very different from the others I have seen on the market.

Honda Civic 10th gen Apexi N1-X Exhaust for hatchback Review with dyno Dxk5ILQ

It is a 3" exhaust and leads off to two separate canisters. The exhaust once mounted on the car has a very pleasant tone to it very daily driveable and wife approved. I can listen to the radio at the same volume levels but has a nice purr as I accelerate. As of right now I have been running it with the stock downpipe, and I will be switching to a cat delete downpipe in the future, and so I am assuming the sound levels are going to be a good increase.

Honda Civic 10th gen Apexi N1-X Exhaust for hatchback Review with dyno gZYXJpb

I did a before and after dyno with the exhaust. This is a dynapack dyno which records brake horsepower numbers. As of now this is the only mod on the vehicle. There is an impressive power gain throughout the revs with almost 13 peak horsepower increase.

I will be posting up dyno numbers once again when I swap the downpipe and then maybe a new sheet once I run a ktuner or hondata (the lack of throttle response in the pedal is incredibly annoying).

Overall I am happy with the setup.

Onto the pictures, sorry for the dirty car and exhaust. I know it kind of defeats the purpose but at least you get to see the poke of the exhaust. I'll post up more pictures in the future.

Honda Civic 10th gen Apexi N1-X Exhaust for hatchback Review with dyno ZmtXcgH

Honda Civic 10th gen Apexi N1-X Exhaust for hatchback Review with dyno MlfsF3N

Honda Civic 10th gen Apexi N1-X Exhaust for hatchback Review with dyno DSlga2f

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
I've had my eye on this system for quite some time. :thumbsup: The titanium tips are so preeeeetty!
I actually spoke to a rep from Apexi USA regarding this product and he told me it is actually manufactured in Japan.
They have a sale now on their site so I'm finally pulling the trigger.
How difficult was the install?

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
I messaged apexi awhile back and asked them if they would be producing an si exhaust and they said it was up next. I wonder if it’s gonna look the same as the hatch exhaust because I really like that

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT , 2018 Accord Lx
Country flag
Any sound clips?:drive:

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So here's proof a bigger exhaust does make more Hp from mid range up to the high revs.At least with a stock downpipe and cat.

OP
OP

powerwing

First Name
Jacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I've had my eye on this system for quite some time. :thumbsup: The titanium tips are so preeeeetty!
I actually spoke to a rep from Apexi USA regarding this product and he told me it is actually manufactured in Japan.
They have a sale now on their site so I'm finally pulling the trigger.
How difficult was the install?
Yes this is one of few exhausts that are actually made in Japan. Even companies like Greddy is now made in Taiwan. Not saying one is better than the other considering the Greddy exhaust is also nicely made and that was going to be my next option, but I have always been a fan of Japanese craftsmanship.

Any sound clips?:drive:
I tried to get a couple of sound clips. I will see if I can get someone else to help me.

So here's proof a bigger exhaust does make more Hp from mid range up to the high revs.At least with a stock downpipe and cat.
Yup. Excited to see what the dp and midpipe will do.

OP
OP

powerwing

First Name
Jacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Just installed a catless downpipe on the car, and holy crap its loud. I will post up a video, but I am going to have to either put the stock car back in, or get a catted dp. I will post pictures of install and everything shortly. People werent kidding about the catless dp.

I might do a quick dyno with the catless and then switch do another one with the catted downpipe.

Reactions: Myx

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
Just installed a catless downpipe on the car, and holy crap its loud. I will post up a video, but I am going to have to either put the stock car back in, or get a catted dp. I will post pictures of install and everything shortly. People werent kidding about the catless dp.

I might do a quick dyno with the catless and then switch do another one with the catted downpipe.
I’m interested to see how it sounds

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag

How's the fume smell with the catless? Is it bad with the windows down?

OP
OP

powerwing

First Name
Jacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
How's the fume smell with the catless? Is it bad with the windows down?
You definitely smell it more, but I only experience the smell from outside of the car. The smell does not bother me at all when I am driving. Its how loud it is with the catless dp.

The exhaust alone without the downpipe was like stock at idle, and had a really quiet and pleasant sound. The best to describe it would be that it did not affect my volume meter on my stereo. Now I know I have to bump it up quite a bit to listen to the radio.

I have already ordered my catted downpipe so I will be installing that soon. I have also scheduled time at the dyno to see the difference with the catless before I swap on the catted.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So any update with the new Dyno of the catted downpipe?
BTW The Apexi N1-X is 2.5" not 3" ;)

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What does the other end of the exhaust look like? The part that connect to the front pipe. Is it 3” or does it taper down to a smaller size.

Very nice results btw.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Apexi N1-X for the fk7 is 2,5" .The one for the Fk8 is 3".So this one should be 2,5"

Snipereyez

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FK7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reviving this thread...
really want to see some sound crlips and dyno charts of the 1.5 with the exhaust, and exhaust + downpipe.
I like the sound it makes on video, but need to hear some more to make it justice.
anyone car eto upload some videos?
Sponsored