Anyone with a bigger turbo upgrade in Europe?

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
You might manage 22ish by 6000 but I'm not that sure if it will be making power or not. You'll have to find out on a dyno
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TSP Stage 1 for non SI is targeting 23 psi boost target. If I remember correctly, @Myx use SI turbo on non-SI with stock rods & piston, & custom tune. I don't remember the max boost target unfortunately.
Max boost target is the same as the TSP tune.

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Interested read this! I am full bolt ons on non si and running ktuner custom making 245whp and 275lbft torque, i have considered a drop in turbo but can the non si engine handle more boost? Or with a bigger turbo can you run less boost but still make same power? I am new to these turbo upgrades. Also i am not getting any clutch slip yet but should i upgrade clutch and flywheel if i am running this power?

szk4lpel

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Based on my search&reading 275lbft is near the limit if not the limit for the rods in prolonged use. Clutch slippage is a common issue, maybe sometimes mistaken by torquesteer and the absence of a proper lsd. What bolt ons do you have? Are you using ktuner irnhondata? Who tuned the car?

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Based on my search&reading 275lbft is near the limit if not the limit for the rods in prolonged use. Clutch slippage is a common issue, maybe sometimes mistaken by torquesteer and the absence of a proper lsd. What bolt ons do you have? Are you using ktuner irnhondata? Who tuned the car?
I have prl cobra and dp fp combo, wagner intercooler greddy exhaust and Drob has custom tuned on ktuner so i am very confident it is within safe limits :) just thought i would see if anyone else has got similar gains and experiences

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have prl cobra and dp fp combo, wagner intercooler greddy exhaust and Drob has custom tuned on ktuner so i am very confident it is within safe limits :) just thought i would see if anyone else has got similar gains and experiences
245whp is something like 260 crank...thats the stock turbo maxed out if Im not mistaken...good for you!

From what I ve read here, stock rods shouldnt havr to handle more than 35Nm of torque, especially below 3500.

szk4lpel

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
245whp is something like 260 crank...thats the stock turbo maxed out if Im not mistaken...good for you!

From what I ve read here, stock rods shouldnt havr to handle more than 35Nm of torque, especially below 3500.
Usually 10-15% is drivetrain loss so he is above 260 in my opinion...

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well the base turbo is pretty much maxed around 230ish whp so maybe 245 is at the crank/flywheel. The Si turbo maxes around 245whp.
Of course there is always different dyno will measure a bit different so the before / after is more important if available.

On a side update, a blue FK7 that my tuner was working on made shy of 260whp and 430Nm with a modified TD025 to TD03 spec and full bolt-ons. The motor is built and the Clutch replaced so he's not going to run into reliability issues.

I'm having a similar turbo being built for me, and I'm going to see how well it goes with just an SRI & IC and stock internals/clutch

szk4lpel

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well the base turbo is pretty much maxed around 230ish whp so maybe 245 is at the crank/flywheel. The Si turbo maxes around 245whp.
Of course there is always different dyno will measure a bit different so the before / after is more important if available.

On a side update, a blue FK7 that my tuner was working on made shy of 260whp and 430Nm with a modified TD025 to TD03 spec and full bolt-ons. The motor is built and the Clutch replaced so he's not going to run into reliability issues.

I'm having a similar turbo being built for me, and I'm going to see how well it goes with just an SRI & IC and stock internals/clutch
I agree that the before after numbers would give a better picture. At 430nm the clutch is not the only weak aspect, did he install an lsd as well?

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
Does anyone know how much would it cost to have a similar setup (rods, pistons, bigger turbo) in europe?

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@szk4lpel no LSD yet but he has told me it's in his plans

@ivanCivix I'd say between 3-4k euros depending on labor cost. It would make more sense to build the engine for a W1 though as the TD03 is quite limited in the top end and just 30ish whp more than the stock base TD025

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
I agree with you but probably he wants to enjoy city/low rpm driving and putting a w1 would sacrifice too much the lower end. So it's a good path in my opinion, built engine for peace of mind and 430 nm are funny

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Good stuff! Which clutch is he running? Stock DMF or SMF?

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any feedback is welcome so I 'll know my sh*t when I discuss with the tuner. From dead stop to 5th is Ktuner 21 Base with PRL SRI and Injen FMIC.

The others also include PRL catted downpipe, and improved II turbo ramp

Attachments

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Best to provide a 3rd or 4th gear WOT from 2000rpm to redline instead of gear switching
I'll have a look at them and let you know
Sponsored