Anyone with a bigger turbo upgrade in Europe?

varge

First Name
George
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
@Anger not sure if it's been mentioned but you also have the Si MAF sensor lol :)
You also seem to have Si-like knock control behavior, but your KC starts rising quite early, even before 5000rpm and you are running stock fuel & ignition, so super conservative. I would suggest to try switching fuel, or at least fuel station.
Your SRI is working great but your FMIC is not keeping up even at your conservative boost targets so this may prove to be a limiting factor. Maybe there something blocking optimal airflow? IAT2 is not THAT bad, but I would avoid running WOT in 5th for so long ;-)
The turbo is flowing very nicely and has even more to flow.
Try to run a 3rd or 4th WOT pull and I'll get back to you with more.

PS : My custom turbo should be ready early next week. Can't wait to have it installed ...

Advertisement

Anger

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
CR-V '19, HR-V '19
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Anger not sure if it's been mentioned but you also have the Si MAF sensor lol :)
You also seem to have Si-like knock control behavior, but your KC starts rising quite early, even before 5000rpm and you are running stock fuel & ignition, so super conservative. I would suggest to try switching fuel, or at least fuel station.
Your SRI is working great but your FMIC is not keeping up even at your conservative boost targets so this may prove to be a limiting factor. Maybe there something blocking optimal airflow? IAT2 is not THAT bad, but I would avoid running WOT in 5th for so long ;-)
The turbo is flowing very nicely and has even more to flow.
Try to run a 3rd or 4th WOT pull and I'll get back to you with more.

PS : My custom turbo should be ready early next week. Can't wait to have it installed ...
Ok so:

MAF is indeed Si.
Intercooler does not perform perfectly cause the last bottom row is hidden behind the bumper. I could not make it sit in a better way. Still, it does perform better than stock. The 5th gear long pull was done after I was already driving for an hour on the highway, so the piping was hot as well. I see better IATs when the engine hasnt been running for that long, plus I hope during winter things will be significantly better.

K.control does rise immediately on WOT, regardless of rpms. I am running Shell Vpower racing 100 RON and have tested from 3 different stations. K.control behaviour is identical across all three.

The SRI is working ok I think since there is more room in the CRV engine bay compared to civic. Still, the stock airbox is better but I wont give up the noise!

I will try to find some time to do a proper datalog, the ones I uploaded were recorded using the automatic datalog recording function.

From what you saw, are there any concerns until I custom tune? You really think I can achieve "Si horsepower"? Maybe my intake camshaft is a limiting factor. That part number is unique to my engine and stock hp is stated at only 173hp...

Last edited:

Anger

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
CR-V '19, HR-V '19
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is what I mean...dont want to cut the bumper open.

20200917_082602.jpg

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Well the base turbo is pretty much maxed around 230ish whp so maybe 245 is at the crank/flywheel. The Si turbo maxes around 245whp.
Of course there is always different dyno will measure a bit different so the before / after is more important if available.
Basicaly there is +15 whp potential from SI turbo swap on non-SI.

Is this head to head comparison from same car using same calibration with no further adjustments on ignition and boost target?

Advertisement

Advertisement