Anyone want to trade there 2019 SI coupe for my 2019 SI sedan? :)

2019 Honda Civic SI coupe or sedan?

• Total voters

HondaMoveSi

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
man i picked the wrong trim.... i’m a single guy in my mid twenties, why did i think i needed the back doors?! i want that coupe so badly! i feel guilty sneaking peaks at coupes that pass me by while i’m in my brand new sedan... ugh. oh well.... maybe i’ll grow to appreciate those two rear doors...
Sponsored

ripcord291

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol I think you will appreciate those back doors sooner or later. It's better to have the space and not need it and then need it and not have it. IMO they both look great. Performance pretty much the same. It is nice to be able to take more than one person if need be with out the hassle of moving the seats

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
man i picked the wrong trim.... i’m a single guy in my mid twenties, why did i think i needed the back doors?! i want that coupe so badly! i feel guilty sneaking peaks at coupes that pass me by while i’m in my brand new sedan... ugh. oh well.... maybe i’ll grow to appreciate those two rear doors...
The girls equate a Coupe owner with a player and a Sedan owner as future husband material. Everyone has to grow up. Now you have.

Put a baby seat in the rear passenger seat, make sure it’s visible through the window, and you’ll be engaged inside a year.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol I think you will appreciate those back doors sooner or later. It's better to have the space and not need it and then need it and not have it. IMO they both look great. Performance pretty much the same. It is nice to be able to take more than one person if need be with out the hassle of moving the seats
I've got the same space in my coupe that the sedan has ... it just requires a bit more flexiblility (on the passengers part) to access it ... I have NO problem accessing the drivers seat, and my wife has NO problem accessing the passenger seat!
Those are the only two seats I'm worried about access to!
(oh ... i have 3 step sons (two of which live with us), and they don't complain about getting into the back seats either)

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You’ll need those 4 doors. I owned my Mazda 4 door for 10 years and no one ever sat in the back. So I bought the coupe.

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always thought the sedan looked better but that doesn’t help you if you prefer the coupe.
I have the hatch sport and oddly enough, I like the back doors for the look as I don’t have passengers in the back often.
I find coupes and 2 doors in general don’t look as good.
There are of course exceptions. I think you should stick with the sedan but if you find a good deal along the way or trading partner, go for it.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
man i picked the wrong trim.... i’m a single guy in my mid twenties, why did i think i needed the back doors?!
You wanna switch to a coupe and lose your chance to slap this bad boy on your ride?

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone want to trade there 2019 SI coupe for my 2019 SI sedan? :) YJZT-17-8CM-7-3CM-Funny-Sexy-4-Doors-More-Whores-Girl-Car-Sticker-PVC-Decal.jpg_q50

OP
OP

HondaMoveSi

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The girls equate a Coupe owner with a player and a Sedan owner as future husband material. Everyone has to grow up. Now you have.

Put a baby seat in the rear passenger seat, make sure it’s visible through the window, and you’ll be engaged inside a year.
hahaha i love this. thank you guys for cheering me up. ironically i put 20% tint on my rear windows literally 5 hours ago haha looks like the baby seat idea is out the window

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
hahaha i love this. thank you guys for cheering me up. ironically i put 20% tint on my rear windows literally 5 hours ago haha looks like the baby seat idea is out the window
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone want to trade there 2019 SI coupe for my 2019 SI sedan? :) new-2019-honda-civic_coupe-sportmanual-8539-18775090-4-1024

Glad we cheered you up a bit.

What you need to know is that the Civic Sedan looks just as sleek and sexy as the Coupe. Honda really nailed this one. You'll look just as good behind the wheel of the Sedan as you would the Coupe. And, IMO, the Coupe looks a little awkward with an oversized door followed by a whole bunch of...of...of...nothing.

A real Coupe is designed as a 2 seater from the get-go and then the designers squeeze in the tiniest bit of a back seat just so that it keeps the insurance premiums down. Look at old Jaguars and Porsches, they are essentially 2 seat cars carrying along a rear bench that couldn't really be used. But it helped with the insurance. So they shoved a seat back there.

The Honda Coupe, and every other Coupe made today unfortunately, does it differently. Today automakers take the Sedan and they remove 2 doors and say "Look! It's different! It's a sportscar now!" Uh, no. It's not. It's a Sedan missing 2 doors and you're not fooling anyone. And all you're really doing is inconveniencing rear seat occupants needlessly.

So be proud of your Civic Sedan. It's not less sporty than the Coupe. It actually looks better.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I always thought the sedan looked better but that doesn’t help you if you prefer the coupe.
I have the hatch sport and oddly enough, I like the back doors for the look as I don’t have passengers in the back often.
I find coupes and 2 doors in general don’t look as good.
There are of course exceptions. I think you should stick with the sedan but if you find a good deal along the way or trading partner, go for it.
I loved the coupe Si spoiler and the wrap around taillight on the coupe. I'm also 19 so there's no way in hell I need the 2 extra doors yet haha

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I loved the coupe Si spoiler and the wrap around taillight on the coupe. I'm also 19 so there's no way in hell I need the 2 extra doors yet haha
I'm right there with ya!
The rear end is what I liked most (the smaller fake vents, to be specific) and the way the tail lights extend all the way across the top edge.

Throw in the spare dining room table (also known as the rear spoiler) and I was hooked.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I'm right there with ya!
The rear end is what I liked most (the smaller fake vents, to be specific) and the way the tail lights extend all the way across the top edge.

Throw in the spare dining room table (also known as the rear spoiler) and I was hooked.
Lol dining room table. And yeah the taillights look super sick especially at night

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol dining room table. And yeah the taillights look super sick especially at night
Too bad I never get to see them in action ...
Sponsored