Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I have had good experience with Nitto NT-01s for track use on various vehicles but not my new CTR yet. They are definitely old tech compared to RE-71Rs or the Yoko A052s, but are generally much more consistent, easy to drive hard, last through a bunch of heat cycles and are very confidence inspiring. They are clearly not up to the peak performance of the aforementioned tires for autocross but for track use they seem still like a good bet. (I would haul them to the track in the hatch and change them there.). Unfortunately I have used Toyo R888Rs and find them completely inferior in all ways from the NT-01 although they are made by the same company.

Looking at the specs, the 275/35-18 fits a 9.5" rim and is slightly shorter at 25.5" diameter than the OEM wheel/tire combo which I believe is 25.8". As for the width issue, Nitto seems to exaggerate the width of their tires and I doubt their 275 is any bigger than most company's 265.

For those of you interested, be aware that they are noisy , rough riding and have poor water clearing abilities and are definitely not street tire material.
Sponsored