Anyone using Android Auto and notice a slowdown lately when using Google maps? (2017 SI in my case)

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Android Auto has never worked perfectly, but lately, when navigating using google maps, the screen refresh rate has dropped to around one update every 5 seconds! :(

I truied 2 different phones, so I think it may be one of the many updates. Has anyone else noticed a slowdown when navigating?
Sponsored

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
When I switched to a newer phone (same carrier) with latest android os I noticed maps kept getting disconnected. So much I had to shut the bitch up and put here on mute so she would stop notifying me about connection lost. I even had to unplug it and plug phone back in sometimes because shit would just spin not refreshing. Haven't tried my latest phone yet but never had issues before.

I'm guessing with newer phones and the head unit being an old piece of shit that can't upgrade OS that now it's starting to cause issues being so out of date.

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
I haven't had a problem with maps specifically, but mine is starting to give an error message and lose connection completely with the phone every few seconds. Happens maybe one time in ten, restarting the phone doesn't help. Maybe time to try another new cable.

NoRebound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Just upgraded to a Pixel 7a and I've noticed Android Auto doing weird things. It shuts down Waze with regularity and freezes to the point I have to restart the phone (not while driving!!!). It has also turned voice text into a maddening adventure by not outstanding commands or refusing to send texts. Just sits there and spins.

OP
OP
integra15

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Thanks

It is too bad Honda does not do updates to these dated systems. I am a bit worried about long term connections with Android Auto. At least is is still functional for now.

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Disabling Car Play in the bios seems to have made the MMI speed up on my 2016 Coupe. LG G4 had Map issues but was G4 specific. Huawei Mate 9, Samsung Note 10 was fine zero issues. Would get the random green screen and ghost button presses that wouldn't stop till I turn the car off and restart. Still going strong today 🤞. On my 2020 FC3, zero issues with my Note 10, Pixel 7 Pro, and currently S23 Ultra. Use cable creation cables usually. When it's disconnecting randomly it's the cables, the vibration, and hot/cold temperature swings seem to kill them fast.... Yet to try disabling car Play in the 2020, but this has reminded me to do so.

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, FC1, Accord CU1
Country flag
I do have randomly a freezing on Google Maps freeze but only when i'm driving to my work place early in the morning on a specific route. There might be some weird GPS position data which will freeze maps. I don't know. I'm able to drive 4-5 hours straight on the Autobahn without any freeze but only on this one specific route Maps will freeze and after a couple of seconds the whole Android Auto interface. Have to replug my phone every time.
Sponsored