Anyone Using Adaptive Cruise Control (sensing) in Stop and Go Traffic?

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
It depends which side of 25 (?) mph you are going when you set ACC. The Owner's Manual mentions the two different behaviors. If 25 or under, the max speed the car will do is 25 (even if the car ahead is going faster). If you set it over 25, it's the (max) speed you set.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roombo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T w/ HS
Country flag
Sorry for the dumb question (I'm sure there's a hundred threads on the topic, but I couldn't find any for some reason) - how do you activate "Low Speed" CC? Or do you just set the cruise at say 45mph and the car tries to get up to that speed but can't in heavy traffic...?
I think setting the CC while going 25 mph or less activates the low speed (low follow) CC. Iv'e also noticed that when I set the low speed follow, let's say at 20 mph, I can increase it afterwards to any max speed. So, long story short, if you want the car to be able to accelerate from a dead stop by itself set the CC while going under 25 mph, then increase if you want via the +.

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
... then increase if you want via the +.
And remember, if you hold the + or - down, the ACC max increases/decreases by increments of 5; with a quick press, the increment is 1.

=OrionX=

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring, 2017 CR-V EX AWD
Country flag
And remember, if you hold the + or - down, the ACC max increases/decreases by increments of 5; with a quick press, the increment is 1.
Maybe time for me to break down and read the owners manual, I did not know this either! :D This will prove to be fun/risky for me on the highway lol

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe time for me to break down and read the owners manual, I did not know this either! :D This will prove to be fun/risky for me on the highway lol
For you and for others. ;)
Sponsored