Anyone use Chemical Guys products?

paid2play

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport
Guys, seriously and no offense, you guys are being suckers. Chemical guys sees you gentleman coming a mile away and whips up 3 more batches of "must have products" to sell you. You don't need but a 1/4 of that stuff and you can find it a lot cheaper. My cars are the cleanest and best cared for in my neighborhood and cleaner than anyone I work and I don't have all those gimmicky sprays. I believe I use their wheel wax and like it. Just to be clear, your car can look like you picked it up from a detailers shop without having shelves and shelves of their product. Their families and bank accounts thank you though.
Sponsored

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guys, seriously and no offense, you guys are being suckers. Chemical guys sees you gentleman coming a mile away and whips up 3 more batches of "must have products" to sell you. You don't need but a 1/4 of that stuff and you can find it a lot cheaper. My cars are the cleanest and best cared for in my neighborhood and cleaner than anyone I work and I don't have all those gimmicky sprays. I believe I use their wheel wax and like it. Just to be clear, your car can look like you picked it up from a detailers shop without having shelves and shelves of their product. Their families and bank accounts thank you though.
They do market the crap out of their stuff but it's not like their products are bad. Some of their stuff isn't any better than stuff you can find anywhere, but a lot of their products are really good. I think the best part about their stuff for me though is the smell lol!

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I know a good chunk of their stuff is market hype but all the stuff I grabbed actually do work.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
buy the grit guards, lots of different websites sell them. Cheapest I've seen on Amazon was $4.98 for 2 of them. Make sure you take/buy the guards first then go to home depot/lowes/ nearby local hardware store then put them in. Some buckets don't fit the guards properly.

Last edited:

cFit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L, 2015 Ford Edge Titanium, 2014 Ford Escape Titanium (Winter Car)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, this new Civic has me spending lots of time researching how to detail and take care of my new car. I just ordered some supplies from ChemicalGuys.com. They've got some pretty great instructional videos, so I'm going to give their products a try.

Anyone here have any experience with them?

I'll of course report back my experience. :)
Yeah every where on the internet thats all I hear is chemical guys... I grew up using Meguairs and sometimes splurging on lower priced Zymol.... So Amazon had a deal for $30, Black Pearl Chemical Guys, I applied It yesterday.... I will say it applied quick and easy and coming off the paint wow, super simple.. I am now a big fan... Car looks amazing to me.... VERY PLEASED.... Also bought and used their edgeless towels... I figure I spent just over $20k on this car, I can spend $50 on some new detailing products...

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Pete_s_53_Carnauba_Paste_Wax_8_oz_p/wac_300.htm

https://www.chemicalguys.com/Happy_Ending_Edgeless_Microfiber_Towels_Red_p/mic35103.htm

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone use Chemical Guys products? Chemical Guys Wax - 1

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
So I sort of went HAM... I think I own maybe every product Chemical Guys makes plus enough microfiber towels to last me a year, every type of foam and gel applicator pad, two buckets with grit guards, and a Foam Gun for washing. That Husky organizer in the picture has about 15 different sprays/gels packed into it alone.

I wash my car pretty much weekly and sometimes wax every other week. I need to seal the car with JetSeal ASAP.

I know their game and I understand I don't need it all... but I love washing this car safely and their products are the best.

Getting ready to do a full clay bar/detail on our 2013 Tesla Model S 8.5 with Opti Coat clear coat protection. Highly recommend all their products.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone use Chemical Guys products? IMG_0796.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone use Chemical Guys products? IMG_0797.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone use Chemical Guys products? IMG_0798.JPG

Project_Dark

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So I sort of went HAM... I think I own maybe every product Chemical Guys makes plus enough microfiber towels to last me a year, every type of foam and gel applicator pad, two buckets with grit guards, and a Foam Gun for washing. That Husky organizer in the picture has about 15 different sprays/gels packed into it alone.

I wash my car pretty much weekly and sometimes wax every other week. I need to seal the car with JetSeal ASAP.

I know their game and I understand I don't need it all... but I love washing this car safely and their products are the best.

Getting ready to do a full clay bar/detail on our 2013 Tesla Model S 8.5 with Opti Coat clear coat protection. Highly recommend all their products.

IMG_0796.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG
I think that chemical guys makes an insane amount of products, they usually have three that all seem to accomplish the same task and buying all of them in unnesscary. However, I do think they are good products and they usually have tutorials online on how to use the products properly which I find quite helpful.

I have been wondering how the Whitelight works. I was debating between that and something else and eventually I went with Ethos Ceramic Wax. It acts as a sealant and a wax. I'm assuming you have the white orchard pearl paint too.

I think this spring I'm going to do
- Power washer to remove all dirt and debris.
- Two bucket hand wash method
- Clay bar
- Iron remover
- Wash again
- Use Chemical guys VVS to remove any swirls in the paint from previous owner on the full car
- Apply Ethos Ceramic Wax

My white paint should be dripping by this point. I've been planning it for the last month haha.

Also, Chemical Guys VRP does a much nicer and longer lasting job on vinyl, rubber and plastic compared to those Amour-All wipes you have there. It doesn't leave a slippery finish either.

the27thaxe

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
When it comes to detailing products, you do get what you pay for. CG products are awesome but they can be a bit overwhelming at first because they have so many. Some of their products have dual purposes as well. So you can have a product for each little thing or some products that do multiple, it just depends on your preference. Some of their stuff is also designed so you can cut it down so you can get more out of it if you don't need it to be super strong.

What is really neat about them though is because they do have so many options you can find stuff that works best for you. So for instance they have three different wheel cleaners and two other products you could also use, depending on your needs. That may sound silly at first but it allows you to find a "level" that works best for you as opposed to trying different brands to see who works best but then having to go to a store that sells that specific brand, which in my opinion is a pain.
Sponsored