Anyone Type R Owners using Viper4Android?

SlasherX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 11 Honda Civic Si *Mugen*
Country flag
Whats up everyone,

I was wondering if anyone with a CTR that honda hack their head unit is using Viper4Andriod? Whats your thoughts on it? Can you use it with the radio?

Thank You!
Sponsored

OP
OP

SlasherX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 11 Honda Civic Si *Mugen*
Country flag
Bump! Anyone using this app?

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Whats up everyone,

I was wondering if anyone with a CTR that honda hack their head unit is using Viper4Andriod? Whats your thoughts on it? Can you use it with the radio?

Thank You!
you can use it only with bluetooth, Android auto. for apple you have stick to blutooth alone. No AM/FM

N-Kryptic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 4 Door
Country flag
you can use it only with bluetooth, Android auto. for apple you have stick to blutooth alone. No AM/FM
^this also if you have XM radio it doesn't work either, the radio player itself has its own audio processing chanels or something that bypasses everything when using fm/am and xm/apple stop it from being processed through viper. On XDA there was a flashable zip file to fix the issue with SoundCloud users not being able to change the EQ on the audio they were playing due to the same issue, after that I'm pretty sure someone made a universal zip file that forces all audio channels to be processed through an eq, but unfortunately we can't flash zip files yet on these head units due to no recovery and I've not heard of anyone trying flashify or any apps like that, I wouldn't risk it anyways due to having a very expensive brick in the centre of your dashboard. If you are trying to get the best sound of all chanels, tune the stock eq for where you want it for the radio and stuff then for Bluetooth and Android auto leave the stock eq and change the EQ settings in viper, I know it's not right to eq over another eq but it's the best option for staying with a stock sound system.
Sponsored