das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
With the Honda Hack, have any of you been getting the thing where each time you press on the screen, a black bar shows up in the middle of the screen and shows the detail of the action you just commanded? It's a transparent black bar and it basically says (for example) "home screen commanded" or whatever. It lasts just a couple of seconds, but it's very annoying.

I may have fat-fingered a setting in the Developer Mode options though to cause this. I'm not sure which toggle that is though. Any help, please?

It could just as well be a setting inside the Honda Hack menus
Sponsored

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Waze does require an internet connection, at least to start the navigation. If you connect to internet, open waze, start navigation and disconnect from internet it will remember you route and display nav to get there. However, if you turn the car off it can lose the route. With it offline you will not get any traffic updates, police notifications, accidents, or any of the updates along your route.

Waze is SLOW directly on the headunit, plus no direction info on drivers display. It work best through Android Auto.

I really only take advantage of the Honda Hack for Tuner view Lite, and Netflix.
Thanks for the info, I'm still on the fence about whether to go android auto or stay with Apple.

sysjl

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2014 Subaru Outback
Country flag
So I messed with some settings in the Honda hack app and tried to get the dsp flat app to auto run at start up and now my head unit just shows the back up camera on the top quarter of the screen and the rest of the screen is just the background picture. The menu doesn't show up. Any way to reset everything?

Edit: Nevermind, everything went back to normal after I left the car off for 20 minutes

Last edited:

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
With the Honda Hack, have any of you been getting the thing where each time you press on the screen, a black bar shows up in the middle of the screen and shows the detail of the action you just commanded? It's a transparent black bar and it basically says (for example) "home screen commanded" or whatever. It lasts just a couple of seconds, but it's very annoying.

I may have fat-fingered a setting in the Developer Mode options though to cause this. I'm not sure which toggle that is though. Any help, please?

It could just as well be a setting inside the Honda Hack menus

It was the "Error Reporting" toggled on by (my own) accident under Settings in the Honda Hack. I toggled it off and those pop-up messages are gone!

R-00123

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 type r fk8
Country flag
Are you able to install and use YouTube on the head unit after HondaHack? (Does it require a mobile hotspot?)
Also any updates on connecting the head unit to a Bluetooth obd2 dongle to run torque pro?

BIGSx420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-L
Purchased OBD Fusion and it works perfect through Carbridge. Full release is almost near from the creator. If your phone is jailbreakable it's def worth it. If you're on a higher firmware that's not do not update it and wait for a jailbreak to come out for it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone try the new GUI one-click-root version of "Honda Hack?" IMG_6944.JPG

Civiccoupe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe EX T HS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've tried searching but come up with not much. Is there a way to root the headunit, install Torque Pro on the headunit and pair and OBD2 dongle directly to the headunit?

Or pair a generic OBD2 dongle and use the Tunerview Lite app?

I got it working with obd2 wifi and torque pro. Looks amazing. You will need to install on headunit

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone try the new GUI one-click-root version of "Honda Hack?" 20180603_215552

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
I would love to try this on my 16 EX-T, but makes me nervous, wife would kill me if I broke my stereo :)...plus when I put the car in reverse, sometimes its a black screen with the lines, so need to see if I can get a dealer to run a software update first.

Type_R_vtec_YO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR FK8 White
Country flag
Wonder if there is still free version out there. Tried it with usb-usb download, didnt work...somebody told me in the fb group, no free version anymore and i jave to pay 10bucks to make it works...

carrsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2017 Civic EX-L, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag

robertv1994

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
I am having trouble using apps I have downloaded while driving. It's saying that there are issues with the network, like I'm not connected or something. If I use Android auto I am perfectly fine but if I try to use the same apps I have downloaded with Honda Hack I can't. Can someone help?

carrsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2017 Civic EX-L, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I am having trouble using apps I have downloaded while driving. It's saying that there are issues with the network, like I'm not connected or something. If I use Android auto I am perfectly fine but if I try to use the same apps I have downloaded with Honda Hack I can't. Can someone help?
You have to be connected to a WiFi hotspot to use apps on the headunit that require the internet to work. Most people use their phones but you can purchase a hotspot to use in your car with an extra monthly fee from whatever carrier you use.

max8176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I used the latest wifi rooting method to install HondaHack. This version comes with Google maps which I installed. Have a couple of questions:
1.) How do you make the navigation voice instructions play over music from radio, bluetooth, etc.? Every time the voice instructions come on it will switch the media output to 'APP' from other sources.
2.) How do you download offline maps and save to a USB stick in the center console?

avidark22

First Name
Amol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Wonder if there is still free version out there. Tried it with usb-usb download, didnt work...somebody told me in the fb group, no free version anymore and i jave to pay 10bucks to make it works...
I used the free version like couple of days back .. works fine for me ... i did it through usb A-A.

avidark22

First Name
Amol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
I got the Honda Hack installed yesterday, its working fine.

I also purchased the Infotainment system update on the usb drive, my question is will running this update remove the Honda Hack? If it does can i use the same code received to re install it?
Infotainment system update? Are you talking about DSP Flat on startup ?
Sponsored