Anyone running Type R Shifter assembly with Acuity Stage 2 shift kit?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thanks man im soooooo excited to throw all this shit on paired w esco shifter lol

when I had my 2018 si and when i first got my 2020 I always thought stock shifter was good. Then I got a new job and was forced to drive in a lot more traffic combined with some really tired mornings

started noticing the slop a lot more and notchiness and it started getting more tiring to row through gears consistently
what happened to the 18?
Sponsored

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what happened to the 18?
my dad has a long time friend at honda

he got us a really good deal pre covid to switch over, all the upgrades were extremely worth it to me for the price I paid

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my dad has a long time friend at honda

he got us a really good deal pre covid to switch over, all the upgrades were extremely worth it to me for the price I paid
i gotcha the only thing i wish the 20s didnt have was all the nannie crap like auto brake and lane keep i dont care for any of that i do want your headlights thou lol

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i gotcha the only thing i wish the 20s didnt have was all the nannie crap like auto brake and lane keep i dont care for any of that i do want your headlights thou lol
yeah brodi the headlights were a big reason for me switching, costs an arm and a leg to get them from honda D:

but yeah I wish it didn't have it either but I guess it's a nice option to have in terms of resale value (also my insurance was a tiny bit cheaper) I run a window banner so none of that even works for me anymore :spaz: :spaz:

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah brodi the headlights were a big reason for me switching, costs an arm and a leg to get them from honda D:

but yeah I wish it didn't have it either but I guess it's a nice option to have in terms of resale value (also my insurance was a tiny bit cheaper) I run a window banner so none of that even works for me anymore :spaz: :spaz:
haha didnt know the window banner would block it

Last edited:

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Good thread and it seems I will also go with the 2020 Type R Shifter. After that front lip spoiler and will be done with my planned mods:)

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a quick video I made to demonstrate the 2020 type-r shifter with acuity stage 2 upgrades... gives you a pretty good idea of the result:

Thanks for this bro!! Looks real easy to shift and precise, just picked up my assembly on saturday and getting the acuity parts on wednesday.

How long it take you for the install?

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
How long it take you for the install?
It took me longer than it should have... disassembly takes way more time then re-assembly. I was trying really hard not to break anything but still ended up breaking 1 tab that holds a wire connection. Overall I would say 4 hours??? But I split it up between 2 days so didn't keep an exact time.

Watch the acuity video on youtube for install, they are really helpful. And make sure you have a pick set... absolutely required for all the tiny clips you have to push. Here's a pick of install before putting interior back in:

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone running Type R Shifter assembly with Acuity Stage 2 shift kit? typerShifter

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
^that's a sharp shift knob!
I think I looked at those, it's weighted and cost close to $200 right? can't recall the brand.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I made a video about it here

I tried all three, Stage 1, 2 and Full Drop-In.
In the video I discuss how they compare.

I hope it helps
Thanks for this! High quality video, I've come across your videos before actually

I'm glad I went with my choice, I feel that I made the right decision. Going to install everything Thursday with my buddy and will be sure to report back my first thoughts on it

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed last night and absolutely in love with it, very little play and shifts are muthafuckin CRISP. Just feels good to shift.

Me and my buddy knocked it out in like 1.5 hours, wasn't too bad and it also convinced him to get the same setup after he drove mine hahah

Realizing I don't really like the acuity esco knob though, the shape of it is great but it's a bit too light for me so I'm probably going to try and sell it, much prefer weighted knobs

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Installed last night and absolutely in love with it, very little play and shifts are muthafuckin CRISP. Just feels good to shift.

Me and my buddy knocked it out in like 1.5 hours, wasn't too bad and it also convinced him to get the same setup after he drove mine hahah

Realizing I don't really like the acuity esco knob though, the shape of it is great but it's a bit too light for me so I'm probably going to try and sell it, much prefer weighted knobs
You have the white insulated ESCO? If so, they are demanding a bit of a premium since you can't get them right now.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have the white insulated ESCO? If so, they are demanding a bit of a premium since you can't get them right now.
unfortunately not, if I managed to get the white one I probably would've kept it because it looks so damn good

I got the black one
Sponsored