Anyone running Type R Shifter assembly with Acuity Stage 2 shift kit?

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What is the part # for the 2020 CTR shifter assembly?
Sponsored

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m installing the 2020 type r shifter tomorrow and transferring all the acuity parts I already had installed. Also installing this bad boy too! I got it from ICB motor sports.
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone running Type R Shifter assembly with Acuity Stage 2 shift kit? A26E5A37-9565-41E2-82F8-15DDE11D2988

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
I’m installing the 2020 type r shifter tomorrow and transferring all the acuity parts I already had installed. Also installing this bad boy too! I got it from ICB motor sports.
A26E5A37-9565-41E2-82F8-15DDE11D2988.jpeg
Which acuity parts? Some shouldn't be put on the 2020 shifter. Assuming you are running the SI shifter and not the old previous CTR shifter.

As for shifter settings in general, You can absolutely go to short, IMO. The shorter the shifter, the more effort it takes to shift. Going too low can completely ruin the shifting experience. This is why counter-sunk shift knobs are noticeably heavier than stock knobs. the extra weight helps with the extra effort it takes to complete the shift.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which acuity parts? Some shouldn't be put on the 2020 shifter. Assuming you are running the SI shifter and not the old previous CTR shifter.

As for shifter settings in general, You can absolutely go to short, IMO. The shorter the shifter, the more effort it takes to shift. Going too low can completely ruin the shifting experience. This is why counter-sunk shift knobs are noticeably heavier than stock knobs. the extra weight helps with the extra effort it takes to complete the shift.
thats the issue i had with my countersunk shift knob on the type r setup

oilerlw8

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
thats the issue i had with my countersunk shift knob on the type r setup
FWIW, went from the short shift adapter with centering spring to the full shifter. On the recommendations from Acuity, gate spacing set in the middle, throw almost full short, height to one click above shortest. Acuity mentioned that the shifter being metal over the stock plastic would make a big difference and this seems to be very true. Each shift kind of "schnicks" in (not sure if that is a real word). As mentioned above, the weight of the shift knob has big effects. Using a Skunk 2 and a Blox (around 450gms) and also a S2000 aluminum (150gms). It was hard to justify the price, but considering shifting the car is something that is done EVERY time it is driven was the compelling factor. Again, just personal opinion, but so far the absolute best mod on the car...

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FWIW, went from the short shift adapter with centering spring to the full shifter. On the recommendations from Acuity, gate spacing set in the middle, throw almost full short, height to one click above shortest. Acuity mentioned that the shifter being metal over the stock plastic would make a big difference and this seems to be very true. Each shift kind of "schnicks" in (not sure if that is a real word). As mentioned above, the weight of the shift knob has big effects. Using a Skunk 2 and a Blox (around 450gms) and also a S2000 aluminum (150gms). It was hard to justify the price, but considering shifting the car is something that is done EVERY time it is driven was the compelling factor. Again, just personal opinion, but so far the absolute best mod on the car...
I don’t have the acuity shifter and don’t plan to own it tbh but I have a shift knob that weighs almost nothing and it goes into gear with crazy ease compared to my countersunk and weighted because of how low it sat here is a pic of it

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone running Type R Shifter assembly with Acuity Stage 2 shift kit? B2B2F3FE-2AC9-4A7C-BB79-75B51EB3A648

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Just ordered both instead of just buying the full acuity shifter kit specific for the Si, wondering if any of you have tried out both and want to know your thoughts on them.

Saved about $275 going the Type R assembly route and I know it's already 25% ish shorter throws, curious if that extra $275 is worth it for some minimal differences
You got the Stage 2 kit for the FK8 right? Don't run the short shift adapter on the Type R shifter. Also can do the zip tie method as long as you're in there to ensure there's no clunking.

I have this setup on the 2020 CTR shifter and it's awesome for DD. Worth every penny.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm running the short throw adapter from perrin on my type r. Waiting to see if the cable fails from the extra wear they say it causes. Worse case new cables and take it off then.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You got the Stage 2 kit for the FK8 right? Don't run the short shift adapter on the Type R shifter. Also can do the zip tie method as long as you're in there to ensure there's no clunking.

I have this setup on the 2020 CTR shifter and it's awesome for DD. Worth every penny.
Yes stage 2 kit for fk8

I'm able to run everything on there with the assembly right?

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thanks man im soooooo excited to throw all this shit on paired w esco shifter lol

when I had my 2018 si and when i first got my 2020 I always thought stock shifter was good. Then I got a new job and was forced to drive in a lot more traffic combined with some really tired mornings

started noticing the slop a lot more and notchiness and it started getting more tiring to row through gears consistently