Anyone running Type R Shifter assembly with Acuity Stage 2 shift kit?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
ah, the white ones are great looking. i had one, sold it, and bought another one I missed it so much.
Sponsored

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Im strongly considering this upgrade (minus the short shift adapter). Seeing shift knob is also a topic in this thread, Iā€™m currently using the acuity poco knob, is anyone using the ctr shifter assy with a poco? Thoughts?

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Im strongly considering this upgrade (minus the short shift adapter). Seeing shift knob is also a topic in this thread, Iā€™m currently using the acuity poco knob, is anyone using the ctr shifter assy with a poco? Thoughts?
Not using the Poco shift knob, rather the 27won. Hasn't burned my hand all summer!

I first tried the Acuity Stage 1 parts on the original shifter, then changed over to the CTR shifter with the Acuity spring, bushings and rocker. Both were good but the CTR/Acuity combo is the best. It feels like it always wants to just go into the right gear, no fuss. I'm planning to do the cable bushings soon.

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
I switched back to the stock CTR shifter in my Type R from the Hybrid Racing full shifter. Did the stage 2 kit, the Cable Bushings and the Poco. It felt phenomenal. Completely blew the $450 shifter out of the water. I changed the Poco out for the Esco for the added hight and I personally like the shape better. But the Poco still felt great. Another huge consideration that most people miss is the weight of the knob. The Esco is 183 Grams I believe which is a little too light for my liking but before that I had tried a Raceseng slammer which is like 455 grams. It was way way too heavy. My personal preference is between like 250G's to 300 but everyone is different. Just don't forget about how important the weight of the knob can be.

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
I switched back to the stock CTR shifter in my Type R from the Hybrid Racing full shifter. Did the stage 2 kit, the Cable Bushings and the Poco. It felt phenomenal. Completely blew the $450 shifter out of the water. I changed the Poco out for the Esco for the added hight and I personally like the shape better. But the Poco still felt great. Another huge consideration that most people miss is the weight of the knob. The Esco is 183 Grams I believe which is a little too light for my liking but before that I had tried a Raceseng slammer which is like 455 grams. It was way way too heavy. My personal preference is between like 250G's to 300 but everyone is different. Just don't forget about how important the weight of the knob can be.
*Height * Been a long week lol

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I keep going back and forth if I want to do CTR + acuity upgrades, or full activity assemblyā€¦. More I think about it, and how much hassle itā€™ll be to play with/adjust the full acuity, I think Iā€™m just gonna do CTR + activity upgrades. Would irk me knowing I can adjust something, but Iā€™d have to take it all apart to do so

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So in summation, does everyone still feel the 20 CTR with Acuity setup is the best shifter setup for the Si?

TBCā€¦ I canā€™t use the short throw with this setup? Correct?

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So in summation, does everyone still feel the 20 CTR with Acuity setup is the best shifter setup for the Si?

TBCā€¦ I canā€™t use the short throw with this setup? Correct?
correct afaik the 2020 fk8 shifter is not compatible with the acuity short throw adapter.
i have the acuity fk8 upgrade setup on my '20 Si and i love it.
iirc if you put the short throw adapter on the fk8 shifter assembly it can mess up your shifter cables.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
correct afaik the 2020 fk8 shifter is not compatible with the acuity short throw adapter.
i have the acuity fk8 upgrade setup on my '20 Si and i love it.
iirc if you put the short throw adapter on the fk8 shifter assembly it can mess up your shifter cables.
TBC
I can buy the 20 CTR shifter frame and plug all my Acuity goodies on it, minus the short throw adapter, and itā€™s pretty much that simple. Right?

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TBC
I can buy the 20 CTR shifter frame and plug all my Acuity goodies on it, minus the short throw adapter, and itā€™s pretty much that simple. Right?
yessir

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Just installed ā€˜20 type R assembly with Acuity spring and base bushings. Didnā€™t do the rocker upgrade as I didnā€™t feel a 5% reduction in gate width was worth it. Loving it so far, gears are slightly shorter and feeling is tight and precise. Nice mod for around $120 bucks shipped.

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just ordered both instead of just buying the full acuity shifter kit specific for the Si, wondering if any of you have tried out both and want to know your thoughts on them.

Saved about $275 going the Type R assembly route and I know it's already 25% ish shorter throws, curious if that extra $275 is worth it for some minimal differences
I have the 2020 with just base bushings, going full Acuity shifter soon. The stock to CTR shifter with base bushings is a great improvement but not quite where I want to be, Iā€™d imagine the rest is worth it if you donā€™t care about the adjustability.
Sponsored