Anyone running Type R Exhaust with resonator delete?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious to see if anyone here is running a resonator delete with type R exhaust on their Si, either 1 or 2 resonators.

Installed my type r exhaust last week and just want a bit more sound and some of the pops and crackles I had before because I have Catless DP, wondering how much of a sound difference 1/2 resonator delete can make. Not really thinking about a muffler delete as I assume it'll be a bit too loud for me.
Sponsored

Travie_FC3

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm interested in this as well. A type R exhaust came up for sale for $500 in my area.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm interested in this as well. A type R exhaust came up for sale for $500 in my area.
Not bad but imo you can definitely find cheaper. My buddy picked one up for $300 and I got mine for $350 with 500 miles on it

Going to get a res delete sometime in the next 2 weeks just wanted to see if anyone else had this done

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
Couple threads over in the fk8 forums on this. Essentially, if you keep the 2 resonators in the middle or straight part of the exhaust along with the rear center one, while removing the 2 mufflers, it sounds decent. I have the 2 mufflers and rear resonator deleted and I think it sounds like shit on my fk8.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Couple threads over in the fk8 forums on this. Essentially, if you keep the 2 resonators in the middle or straight part of the exhaust along with the rear center one, while removing the 2 mufflers, it sounds decent. I have the 2 mufflers and rear resonator deleted and I think it sounds like shit on my fk8.
Wondering for our engines though, I've seen a bunch of R videos on it but it sounds pretty different on ours.

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
Wondering for our engines though, I've seen a bunch of R videos on it but it sounds pretty different on ours.
Very true. I'd be willing to bet no mufflers and all resonators would sound nice and clean on the 1.5.

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
If you were closer to me, you could have one of my type r exhausts