First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've never been a fan of 2-point strut braces, but I don't think it's possible to make a bolt in 3 or 4 point brace.

I can't figure out how that Tanabe one mounts... Doesn't look like there is a hole for the shock top and the bolt pattern doesn't look like it matches.

OP
OP
CombsCivicHatch

CombsCivicHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I'm not sure if the one I linked has the right picture for it. From some cursory searches, the ones I've found pictures of are blue.

I know the front and back bars another user had on here were blue, but I don't believe they were the Cusco USA ones. I was curious if there was a difference because apparently the blue one had a slight fitment issue.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure if the one I linked has the right picture for it. From some cursory searches, the ones I've found pictures of are blue.

I know the front and back bars another user had on here were blue, but I don't believe they were the Cusco USA ones. I was curious if there was a difference because apparently the blue one had a slight fitment issue.
Tanabe have always made quality parts. Proper if it bolts up :thumbsup:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag

Im runnig Cusco China on my 10th gen. they are the blue ones. I wont say it has a fitment issue since its suppose to be a tight fit and not lose. i would rate the fitment 8 out of 10

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone running the Tanabe strut bar? upload_2017-3-27_15-12-28

ultraracingusa

Ultra Racing USA - Marketing and Product Research
First Name
Jesse Ramirez
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ultraracing-usa.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda FK7 Hatch, 2015 Toyota Venza Waggon, 2010 Acura TL-Tech, 1991 Toyota MR2
We are going to test out our products this week on a 2017 Civic (FK7) hatch. We had checked all the Honda part numbers and chassis frames and they are the same. The exception is that the FK7 hatch has a stiffer OEM rear brace and stiffer OEM shocks.

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
how did the texting go I'm looking to get a strut bar for my hatch

OP
OP
CombsCivicHatch

CombsCivicHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just thought I would update, it's been a few weeks since I installed the Tanabe bar. I rarely do any spirited driving but I did a few nights ago on some curvy back roads here in Tennessee and I hAve no complaints.

Didn't take very long to install either.
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone running the Tanabe strut bar? IMG_20170418_135513_239
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone running the Tanabe strut bar? IMG_20170418_135157_034
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone running the Tanabe strut bar? IMG_20170418_135513_239
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone running the Tanabe strut bar? IMG_20170418_135157_034

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Order mine (Tanabe). Make sure to install with the front wheels off the ground, or it defeats the purpose of a strut bar.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
got mine delivered today :cool:

IMG_0887.JPG
Can you test if it flexes if you try and put as much force on it with your hands? I'm just wondering because if it does flex, that would mean the chassis is stiffer, thus I would think, causing the strut bar to be ineffective.

UHx0H

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you test if it flexes if you try and put as much force on it with your hands? I'm just wondering because if it does flex, that would mean the chassis is stiffer, thus I would think, causing the strut bar to be ineffective.
tanabe bar didn't flex when i tried to force it with my hand
Sponsored