Anyone running the JB4

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Understood! However, they are reporting that they like it though. So, there must be something with it. I haven't seen anyone that said it sucks or that they didn't like it yet. No sense knocking it.
I loved the JB+ on my mini coopers until I started replacing coils and ECU, then discussion on the mini forum revealed it was common when using the JB+....

I have not thrown it out, but cannot justify selling it either.
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So are people ignoring the fact that there are people who like this modification?
I mean people like all kinds of things that are bad for you car. Look at BOVs or the awful injen intake. You know better than anyone, just because people like the mod, doesnt mean its a good mod. Same for people who dislike you custom mod intake, doesnt mean its bad either because it actually works properly and doesnt hurt your car :)

Reactions: Myx

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
You are missing the point. “Tuning” your car by tricking sensors is pointless when you can actually tune your ecu. It isn’t 2003, we don’t have to use shitty piggybacks anymore.
And, you also have no powertrain warranty. I'd purchase KTuner or Hondata tomorrow if the folks with Honda weren't such pricks about unlocking the ECU and tuning their cars. I'll also purchase KTuner or Hondata today if they provide powertrain warranty coverage, but neither of those is going to happen, so adjusting the tune in this manner is not at all pointless.

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
And, you also have no powertrain warranty. I'd purchase KTuner or Hondata tomorrow if the folks with Honda weren't such pricks about unlocking the ECU and tuning their cars. I'll also purchase KTuner or Hondata today if they provide powertrain warranty coverage, but neither of those is going to happen, so adjusting the tune in this manner is not at all pointless.
True, even with a piggyback Honda can detect it.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

So JB4 offers a powertrain warranty, if any engine/transmission parts become damaged after installation of the piggyback (That increases hp/torque)?

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EDIT: I haven't checked out their site in a while but it looks like there are at least dyno graphs for the si and type r now. Those weren't posted when I was in the market. Could be a viable option now.
This is from roughly a year ago but I asked burger tuning some questions about their JB4 and the responses were sketchy and vague. I really like the idea of something that could be plug and play and removed if something went wrong while being undetectable (assumed this was the case, looks like thats false). But they didn't offer much assurance that they had done their research on my exact platform. All I saw was they had a CVT civic and some other car, maybe a crv or accord and were claiming their product worked on everything. I'm not plugging that crap into my civic si because you verified it on a handful of dyno pulls on a cvt civic... ultimately i held off and went with the ktuner due to too little information out there from JB4 users with the civic si in particular and their sketchy emails. I have plenty of friends that used them on 335i's so thats what got me interested but it looked like a money grab for the honda market as far as I could tell.

Last edited:

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
This is from roughly a year ago but I asked burger tuning some questions about their JB4 and the responses were sketchy and vague. I really like the idea of something that could be plug and play and removed if something went wrong while being undetectable (assumed this was the case, looks like thats false). But they didn't offer much assurance that they had done their research on my exact platform. All I saw was they had a CVT civic and some other car, maybe a crv or accord and were claiming their product worked on everything. I'm not plugging that crap into my civic si because you verified it on a handful of dyno pulls on a cvt civic... ultimately i held off and went with the ktuner due to too little information out there from JB4 users with the civic si in particular and their sketchy emails. I have plenty of friends that used them on 335i's so thats what got me interested but it looked like a money grab for the honda market as far as I could tell.
Agreed. That’s why I’m holding off for hondata. I used jb1 on my bmw 335i and the jb4 on my s5 sportback. The Audi one wasn’t as “flawless” as the bmw.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you dont have to unlock anything unless you have an R. If you flash stock, at least with Ktuner honda can not tell. All the HDS sees is current software version and any stored cels and snapshots. buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, when you flash stock on Ktuner it erases those codes and snapshots so there is no trail. Why would any tuner offer you a warranty, once its in your hands you could do anything you wanted with the tunes and mess up your powertrain.

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
You can flash back to stock with ktuner and Honda will have no idea. However, the people who are scared and worried about warranties should leave their cars stock. I’ve voided the warranty on every car I’ve ever owned.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
You can flash back to stock with ktuner and Honda will have no idea. However, the people who are scared and worried about warranties should leave their cars stock. I’ve voided the warranty on every car I’ve ever owned.
False. Stop spreading this lie.
If they look deep enough they will find that the ECU was tampered.

But as you said. If you are too worried about don't mess with the car.
Also Im on the same boat of voiding the warranty of every car I had owned in a manner of hours of ownership.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Also Im on the same boat of voiding the warranty of every car I had owned in a manner of hours of ownership.
really? weird, they had an engineer come out and found nothing on my ECU. Personal experience with facts over unproven fear mongering. but yeah, if you are scared dont do anything. be boring and dull and drive your stock car.

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag

It’s not a lie, it’s a fact. Where the hell do some of you get your information?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s not a lie, it’s a fact. Where the hell do some of you get your information?
From Terry Burger who flat out lies to people to boost sales by telling them the dealer can see a flash and the max boost etc. Funny thing, when I said well if they can see that information on other modules outside the ECU then clearly they can see the boost etc that the JB4 does. His response, "none of our parameters are seen by the ECU so they can't be stored" My response "so if the ECU never sees this information, how does it know what to do, how does it know to add more fuel to match boost etc" I got blocked after that.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EDIT: I haven't checked out their site in a while but it looks like there are at least dyno graphs for the si and type r now. Those weren't posted when I was in the market. Could be a viable option now.

Dyno Info

That page also have Dragy results. I like it!
Sponsored