Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the JB4 and I like it a lot.

Laugh at me all you want, hate on me all you want for something I wanted to do with MY car. I understand there are either Hondata or Ktuner fan boys... perhaps I should say "Purists" so I brush it off without a hitch.

I selected the JB4 for a plethora of reasons. First off, I have a buddy who used the JB4 on his Audi S4 and S5 for years without issues. There are 2 people I know that use them on their BMWs. One for 1 year and the other for 3 years without issues. It installed in 5 min and can be controlled on my phone without any issues.

If it detects an issue, it reverts back to stock

The price was ideal, 399 plus tax and I didn't have to be without my car sending in my ECU to be flashed.

Now I understand that Ktuner and Hondata are the ideal solution with more versatility, however, I did not want my ECU to be jail broken. Maybe some day I will change my mind, but that day is not today.

I will gladly post some of my logs of my JB4 so you can read any information you want, I currently run Map 3 which claims to add 4.5 psi, Suggested for 93+ octane and I absolutely feel a difference and I don't feel any issues what-so-ever with my car. I have been using it for around a month and a half so I will gladly keep in contact with anyone who is considering a JB4 and wants to talk to a real user who actually likes the product.

Enjoy the read and bash me all you want.

Edit, uploaded one of my logs but not sure how to get it as a graph
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Spunkster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR, 2x 98 ITR's, 88 Integra, 06 RSX Type S
Country flag
I have the JB4 and I like it a lot.

Laugh at me all you want, hate on me all you want for something I wanted to do with MY car. I understand there are either Hondata or Ktuner fan boys... perhaps I should say "Purists" so I brush it off without a hitch.

I selected the JB4 for a plethora of reasons. First off, I have a buddy who used the JB4 on his Audi S4 and S5 for years without issues. There are 2 people I know that use them on their BMWs. One for 1 year and the other for 3 years without issues. It installed in 5 min and can be controlled on my phone without any issues.

If it detects an issue, it reverts back to stock

The price was ideal, 399 plus tax and I didn't have to be without my car sending in my ECU to be flashed.

Now I understand that Ktuner and Hondata are the ideal solution with more versatility, however, I did not want my ECU to be jail broken. Maybe some day I will change my mind, but that day is not today.

I will gladly post some of my logs of my JB4 so you can read any information you want, I currently run Map 3 which claims to add 4.5 psi, Suggested for 93+ octane and I absolutely feel a difference and I don't feel any issues what-so-ever with my car. I have been using it for around a month and a half so I will gladly keep in contact with anyone who is considering a JB4 and wants to talk to a real user who actually likes the product.

Enjoy the read and bash me all you want.

Edit, uploaded one of my logs but not sure how to get it as a graph

Can you post a dyno run showing the gains you got along with the AF ratio for that dyno plot?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I plan to put the car on the Dyno soon. The AFR should be in the PDF I uploaded.
I reviewed the uploaded file. The AFR's look ok to me, they only go towards lean on throttle lift or decel based on the RPM's compared to the previous timestamp. Looks like the AFR target is low 11's.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I reviewed the uploaded file. The AFR's look ok to me, they only go towards lean on throttle lift or decel based on the RPM's compared to the previous timestamp. Looks like the AFR target is low 11's.

Yeah Usually I am around 14.5 ish under normal driving and sometimes high 13s under spirited driving.

WOT drops it down to around 11 or so.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
This thread is a joke. OP posted 2 replies, on the first page....

Do you even have a Civic OP? Your profile has a Merc listed....

If you do have a Civic and it’s not a CTR, do yourself a favour and pick up a HondaData or KTuner. For a very few more $$$, you have a plethora of options that give awesome performance, safely without additional modding. If you want to mod further from stock, it’s your only safe option.

I’d like to stress that there are 2 viable tuning options, why anyone (without a CTR) would want a sensor altering device vs a real tune is beyond my comprehension.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Have a cvt 2017 sport touring.
Right now it has drop in k&n
And cat cut off to open up exhaust flow some.

I want the cvt to last as long as possible so I’m very Leary of going with any tuner even on lowest setting.

So I’m wondering without a tune is it beneficial at all to add the 2 aftermarket pipes? Or would a tune be needed if making that change
If he cut out his cat he should be throwing codes....and he wants to add a JB4 to this mess???? Recipe for disaster...

OP
OP

Cartman417

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes C43
Country flag
If he cut out his cat he should be throwing codes....and he wants to add a JB4 to this mess???? Recipe for disaster...
Not when it’s the secondary cat. Or resonator. Whatever it was after the O2 sensor
And to answer the other persons message yes I have a Mercedes as well as a 2017 sport touring hatchback civic

OP
OP

Cartman417

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes C43
Country flag
I’ve never really been a fan of Terry. And I don’t understand enough of those screen shots to reply about the tuning Mumbo jumbo.
The jb4 isn’t the best tune for my benz but it’s been solid and my logs almost always look perfect. Love being able to change the maps on the fly too.

For the civic though it looks like maybe he didn’t put too much effort into them?
For the small increase I may just go with ktuner

But terry will refund you if you’re not happy with the outcome of his jb4 too so ‍♂‍♂

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve never really been a fan of Terry. And I don’t understand enough of those screen shots to reply about the tuning Mumbo jumbo.
The jb4 isn’t the best tune for my benz but it’s been solid and my logs almost always look perfect. Love being able to change the maps on the fly too.

For the civic though it looks like maybe he didn’t put too much effort into them?
For the small increase I may just go with ktuner

But terry will refund you if you’re not happy with the outcome of his jb4 too so ‍♂‍♂
Basically while each flash device on their basemaps aim to have 0% fuel trims and any tuner with any reputation also aims for 0% fuel trims, Terry is out here trying to tell us intentionally making his fuel trims 12-25% off is fine. Its not. He should know better. If you are flowing more air, you still need to scale the MAF so the engine sends the correct fuel. Once I told him that, he blocked me on facebook. So now, I make it my goal anytime someone talks about JB4 to show people how stupid he made himself look.

OP
OP

Cartman417

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes C43
Country flag
Basically while each flash device on their basemaps aim to have 0% fuel trims and any tuner with any reputation also aims for 0% fuel trims, Terry is out here trying to tell us intentionally making his fuel trims 12-25% off is fine. Its not. He should know better. If you are flowing more air, you still need to scale the MAF so the engine sends the correct fuel. Once I told him that, he blocked me on facebook. So now, I make it my goal anytime someone talks about JB4 to show people how stupid he made himself look.
Can you link me or explain to me fuel trims. I don’t know what it is.
I understand timing. Afr. Boost. Fuel pressure but not fuel trims

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So are people ignoring the fact that there are people who like this modification?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
So are people ignoring the fact that there are people who like this modification?
Ignoring? Hardly. People seem appalled that there are people who like this modification.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ignoring? Hardly. People seem appalled that there are people who like this modification.
Understood! However, they are reporting that they like it though. So, there must be something with it. I haven't seen anyone that said it sucks or that they didn't like it yet. No sense knocking it.
Sponsored