Gsnail13

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Agreed, also following for updates on this. I had the buddy club on my 9th gen till I bought the acuity short shifter assembly. But I enjoyed it for the time I had it installed, which was a long time.

Kinda wish the 9th gen shifters fit the 10th gens because I still have both the buddy club and acuity shifters.

OP
OP

tlj 3

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
I'm glad this thread is popular looking forward to your review.

andu951

First Name
aNDu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Darn, I'm about to decide how I wanna go with the short shifter tonight. Was hoping someone had it for a review!

Really interested in a cheaper full shifter assembly option. I've always had a full assembly & stayed away from bolt on adapters..... although I suppose they both just increase the length anyway.

They are $125 shipped from team3d.

Thinking all of Acuity's parts fit as well.
Base bushings will fit, spring will fit, & the rocker arm looks identical to the stock or Acuity unit. Also thinking of using Sirimoto's shifter bushing instead of the stock one. Also installing the shift cable bushings to round out the whole package.

I like the stock shift knob but really like the weighted/red trim Alta shifter so may have to get that too...ya know.

Also cannot decide on the Alta shift cable lock down or zipties. Lol

I'm 50/50 on the Acuity vs Buddy Club.
Cannot decide and Acuity's Support is literally call you right away approach!

*Edit* - Acuity started shipping the rocker arms as this post went up so I said eh and just got everything they offer but the shifter knob/adapter. I think I might go Alta for that, can lower it aswell.

Still deciding on the zip tie or lock down method
Lmk when get bored of the acuity shift knob ;) I’ll take it off your hands.

andu951

First Name
aNDu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
all good brotha! :thumbsup:

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
No one is running it because we are all waiting for the Acuity full shifter assembly
This made my day. Thanks for that. We're working diligently to get it done soon, but most importantly, to do it right. The 10th Gen's shifter is much like our 9th Gen offering, but with loads of refinements and even more attention to detail. Teasers and more info about features and release should start trickling out in a few weeks. :)

~russ

Last edited:

Lunarsilver17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Forgot to add that I'm using the HFP Type R (black/red) shift knob, this actually sits a tad higher than OEM, so I feel like the Buddy Club's lowering 1.5" of the shifter itself is perfect for me and this set-up anyhow.
Did you ever install? I just got a Ctr shifter assy, and comparing the pic to my shifter, looks the same height. Could u measure the height, or verify that it drops the height please? That's one thing I don't like about the type r shifter, I think it's like 1/4" taller than Si shifter. Which moves the knob closer to steering wheel but I like the looks of lower height knobs, more like Miata shifters.

Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
So I bought the short shifter from buddy club at there yearly winter sale this past Saturday. Installed the next day. Cost me $70. It has a nice feel to it. Shorten the throw a little, enough to notice. Worth it if you get it on sale. Install was pretty simple as well. Only problem I had was removing the shift cables. They just have a clip and I didn't have a tool to unlock them easily.

Solebeast

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si 2020
Country flag
I can tell you the Acuity items fit the Buddy Club assembly fine, I have all the Acuity parts as well, have them installed on the Buddy Club unit already, just need the time to install!
I know this is an old thread, but did you also install the throw adapter?
Sponsored