Anyone running the buddy club short shifter

tlj 3

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
I'm thinking about installing a buddy club short throw shifter assembly in my 18 sport civic. But I can't find anyone running one on the forums is there a reason is something wrong with them? Looking for feedback from someone running one.
Sponsored

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
I'm thinking about installing a buddy club short throw shifter assembly in my 18 sport civic. But I can't find anyone running one on the forums is there a reason is something wrong with them? Looking for feedback from someone running one.
This an actual assembly? Or one of those adaptor pieces?

OP
OP

tlj 3

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
full assembly!

ck42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport MT
Country flag
Nice! How much is it?

[EDIT] Never mind...$150'ish.
Wish I would've known about this before buying/installing my Boomba short shifter.

OP
OP

tlj 3

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
Nice! How much is it?

[EDIT] Never mind...$150'ish.
Wish I would've known about this before buying/installing my Boomba short shifter.
I think I'm gonna try it out after I get ktuner. I just bought my 18 sport 2 weeks ago first mods were a weighted shift knob and morimoto hid!

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have this buddy club unit, but haven't had the time to install yet.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
I have this buddy club unit, but haven't had the time to install yet.
Darn, I'm about to decide how I wanna go with the short shifter tonight. Was hoping someone had it for a review!

Really interested in a cheaper full shifter assembly option. I've always had a full assembly & stayed away from bolt on adapters..... although I suppose they both just increase the length anyway.

They are $125 shipped from team3d.

Thinking all of Acuity's parts fit as well.
Base bushings will fit, spring will fit, & the rocker arm looks identical to the stock or Acuity unit. Also thinking of using Sirimoto's shifter bushing instead of the stock one. Also installing the shift cable bushings to round out the whole package.

I like the stock shift knob but really like the weighted/red trim Alta shifter so may have to get that too...ya know.

Also cannot decide on the Alta shift cable lock down or zipties. Lol

I'm 50/50 on the Acuity vs Buddy Club.
Cannot decide and Acuity's Support is literally call you right away approach!

*Edit* - Acuity started shipping the rocker arms as this post went up so I said eh and just got everything they offer but the shifter knob/adapter. I think I might go Alta for that, can lower it aswell.

Still deciding on the zip tie or lock down method

Last edited:

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Darn, I'm about to decide how I wanna go with the short shifter tonight. Was hoping someone had it for a review!

Really interested in a cheaper full shifter assembly option. I've always had a full assembly & stayed away from bolt on adapters..... although I suppose they both just increase the length anyway.

They are $125 shipped from team3d.

Thinking all of Acuity's parts fit as well.
Base bushings will fit, spring will fit, & the rocker arm looks identical to the stock or Acuity unit. Also thinking of using Sirimoto's shifter bushing instead of the stock one. Also installing the shift cable bushings to round out the whole package.

I like the stock shift knob but really like the weighted/red trim Alta shifter so may have to get that too...ya know.

Also cannot decide on the Alta shift cable lock down or zipties. Lol

I'm 50/50 on the Acuity vs Buddy Club.
Cannot decide and Acuity's Support is literally call you right away approach!

*Edit* - Acuity started shipping the rocker arms as this post went up so I said eh and just got everything they offer but the shifter knob/adapter. I think I might go Alta for that, can lower it aswell.

Still deciding on the zip tie or lock down method
I can tell you the Acuity items fit the Buddy Club assembly fine, I have all the Acuity parts as well, have them installed on the Buddy Club unit already, just need the time to install!

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
I can tell you the Acuity items fit the Buddy Club assembly fine, I have all the Acuity parts as well, have them installed on the Buddy Club unit already, just need the time to install!
Awh! Wish I knew that last night!

Dang, I ordered the Acuity last night when the rockers came back. Guess you don't have to worry about a short shift adapter falling off!

Ultimately, I didn't like the 1.5" drop in shifter height. I already think the shifter knob is very low and don't think I could shift properly lower.
Although I suppose an adjustable shift knob could get you that back.

Good to know everything fits! I've used Buddy Club in the past but broke the plastic off one of the shifter cable mounts after extensive hard driving. Other than that they are completely identical stock replicas with just the "Shift arm/ball" assembly replaced.

Are you going to replace the shift arms bushing? You re-use the stock usually but thought I might as well round out the package with Sirimoto's bushing for $20-25.00.

Let us ya how ya like it!

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awh! Wish I knew that last night!

Dang, I ordered the Acuity last night when the rockers came back. Guess you don't have to worry about a short shift adapter falling off!

Ultimately, I didn't like the 1.5" drop in shifter height. I already think the shifter knob is very low and don't think I could shift properly lower.
Although I suppose an adjustable shift knob could get you that back.

Good to know everything fits! I've used Buddy Club in the past but broke the plastic off one of the shifter cable mounts after extensive hard driving. Other than that they are completely identical stock replicas with just the "Shift arm/ball" assembly replaced.

Are you going to replace the shift arms bushing? You re-use the stock usually but thought I might as well round out the package with Sirimoto's bushing for $20-25.00.

Let us ya how ya like it!
I actually also have that Sirimoto bushing, as I bought that and the Sirimoto short shift adapter a week prior to the Buddy Club unit being announced/released. So, I may, will take a closer look when doing the install.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Forgot to add that I'm using the HFP Type R (black/red) shift knob, this actually sits a tad higher than OEM, so I feel like the Buddy Club's lowering 1.5" of the shifter itself is perfect for me and this set-up anyhow.
Sponsored