Anyone running the 4Piston Racing engine parts?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Hi All. I'm a soon to be Type R owner doing some preliminary homework on mods. It looks like there is already a company that makes a full array of upgraded engine internals. The below link should be for valve springs - the link claims that it eliminates the valve float seen at around 7300 RPM and allows the engine to rev safely to 9K.

Has anyone tried these or any of the other 4Piston engine parts?

http://www.4pistonracing.com/kt4033
Sponsored

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
4P is a extremely reputable company and their work is top tier. If I had the funds I would definitely purchase a fk8 built longblock from them.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wonder if these valve springs alone really make it safe to up the rev limiter to 9K, or if you need the full built block.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
theres really no reason to rev the motor up to 9k deff not with the stock ports it will not support the flow required the turbo will be way out of its efficiency range also

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep, I was thinking more for a larger turbo.

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedspeedracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
we are running a full 4Piston Racing block. we had an unfortunate defect in our block that caused some problems during a time attack competition. Knowing 4Pistons history with reliable very powerful engine builds, and being the only current complete source for internals for the k20c1, we decided to send our engine to them. We have their rod and piston upgrade, stage 2 head porting, full valve train and expert assembly and have been very pleased with it. We are still on stock fuel system and turbo but ramping the torque in quickly and making good power maxing out the stock MAF. We are going to be testing some new things in a week and working to finish up the complete port injection system as well, then BorgWarner EFR and see what it makes.

highlander

First Name
stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 civic Si,2017 civic type r
Country flag
we are running a full 4Piston Racing block. we had an unfortunate defect in our block that caused some problems during a time attack competition. Knowing 4Pistons history with reliable very powerful engine builds, and being the only current complete source for internals for the k20c1, we decided to send our engine to them. We have their rod and piston upgrade, stage 2 head porting, full valve train and expert assembly and have been very pleased with it. We are still on stock fuel system and turbo but ramping the torque in quickly and making good power maxing out the stock MAF. We are going to be testing some new things in a week and working to finish up the complete port injection system as well, then BorgWarner EFR and see what it makes.
any updates for us ?