Anyone running NSX wheels on a stock Type R?

chomdh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR, 2004 S2000, 2006 TL, 2016 Outback 3.6
Country flag
I would run hubcentric rings with the NSX wheels, cheap peace of mind. I got my aluminum rings made from uswheeladapters.com but even cheap plastic ones in the right size will work.

Also, I know most prefer the Y spokes, but the interwoven wheels also work if you prefer that look. Here are mine paired with the Porsche titanium lug nuts and color matched center caps:

IMG_20210620_145047.jpg

IMG_20210620_145114.jpg
Those look great too!

Bob_L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Civic Type-R
Country flag
Also, I know most prefer the Y spokes, but the interwoven wheels also work if you prefer that look. Here are mine paired with the Porsche titanium lug nuts and color matched center caps:

IMG_20210620_145114.jpg
WOW, those are OUTSTANDING!!!

Where can one buy those???

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
WOW, those are OUTSTANDING!!!

Where can one buy those???
Thanks. I get they're not for everyone but if you love the crazy styling of the R like I do, I feel these fit the curves and crazyness nicer than a more regular spoked wheel. Love that they're a cool NSX oem option too.

To buy these new, you need a VIN off an NSX that came equipped with these optional wheels from the factory, including the color you want (they come in this gray, silver, and polished) + the appropriate part number for the wheel/color combo. I first asked two people that had an NSX optioned with these exact wheels if they would care to share their VIN......no luck, so hopped on to cargurus and found one for sale that had these equipped.

Took that VIN and ordered from the online Acura dealer that was selling each for the lowest price.....but with VIN + part number, you can order from any Acura dealer. They aren't cheap......was lucky to find 2 very lightly used ones for sale off an NSX classified that I snagged for $700 shipped first but the other 2 I bought new were like $1200 shipped, so ~$2400 shipped if you're buying all 4 new. I believe they are built to order so you have to wait a bit after ordering for them to be made and shipped out.

The part number for these metallic grey ones is 44700-T6N-A21 (was a headache to confirm this but trust me, this is the correct one for this color). The color matched center caps are just OEM Type R caps that I had color matched at a body shop (cost 100 bucks for a perfect match). Despite them listing the color as "shark grey metallic", the body shop confirmed that some regular Acura grey custom mixed with more flakes was a much better match than just shark grey metallic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Thanks. I get they're not for everyone but if you love the crazy styling of the R like I do, I feel these fit the curves and crazyness nicer than a more regular spoked wheel. Love that they're a cool NSX oem option too.

To buy these new, you need a VIN off an NSX that came equipped with these optional wheels from the factory, including the color you want (they come in this gray, silver, and polished) + the appropriate part number for the wheel/color combo. I first asked two people that had an NSX optioned with these exact wheels if they would care to share their VIN......no luck, so hopped on to cargurus and found one for sale that had these equipped.

Took that VIN and ordered from the online Acura dealer that was selling each for the lowest price.....but with VIN + part number, you can order from any Acura dealer. They aren't cheap......was lucky to find 2 very lightly used ones for sale off an NSX classified that I snagged for $700 shipped first but the other 2 I bought new were like $1200 shipped, so ~$2400 shipped if you're buying all 4 new. I believe they are built to order so you have to wait a bit after ordering for them to be made and shipped out.

The part number for these metallic grey ones is 44700-T6N-A21 (was a headache to confirm this but trust me, this is the correct one for this color). The color matched center caps are just OEM Type R caps that I had color matched at a body shop (cost 100 bucks for a perfect match). Despite them listing the color as "shark grey metallic", the body shop confirmed that some regular Acura grey custom mixed with more flakes was a much better match than just shark grey metallic.
PM me the VIN for later use? Those look amazing and exactly what I'd get. Nice one man!

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag

Wow, that's serious effort but worth it! I think I'd go for this style but in glossy black. That way when I curb them, I can just use some black nail polish to touch them up!!!! :eek:

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
I would run hubcentric rings with the NSX wheels, cheap peace of mind. I got my aluminum rings made from uswheeladapters.com but even cheap plastic ones in the right size will work.

IMG_20210620_145047.jpg

IMG_20210620_145114.jpg
Dude those wheels look awesome!

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
FK8's are amazing with the NSX wheels!! The Y spokes are the standard wheels for the NSX and the Interwoven wheels are the optional ones. I'm a Interwoven fan myself!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone running NSX wheels on a stock Type R? 4C0089D2-A7E1-4900-B257-76DBCBDBCED3

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
FK8's are amazing with the NSX wheels!! The Y spokes are the standard wheels for the NSX and the Interwoven wheels are the optional ones. I'm a Interwoven fan myself!!

4C0089D2-A7E1-4900-B257-76DBCBDBCED3.jpeg
I thought the valve stems were supposed to be at the bottom of the A.

TECATO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Can’t go wrong with NSX wheels! I’m running them on stock height, and paired with a good summer tire (I personally ran PS4S) it is really close to stock turn in feel. You can also feel the weight difference on acceleration. If you go with a 245/35 tire you will get a little more sidewall cushion and also have no effect on your speedo! They also look arguably good on stock suspension, which is good if you don’t want to lower your car.

You’ve probably seen the threads on lugs for these. If you use stock lugs, the clearance is really tight. I bought the Porsche Ti lugs that use the same ball seat style and size to minimize the risk of getting the lug holes scratched up which use a 19mm instead of 22mm (although Firestone still managed to do that to my wheels somehow even after requesting they only use hand tools, my fault on going there for what should have been a simple tire swap).
Does anyone happen to know what the weight of an NSX wheel is?