Anyone running NSX wheels on a stock Type R?

achowe2605

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00357
Country flag
Nothing to add here except pics... I bought my wheels from acurapartsnow.com, it was straightforward and painless. I did have them powder-coated a gloss black. I went with the Porsche Ti lugs as well... it's astonishing how light they are. Seriously, 5 Porsche lug nuts are lighter than 1 stock lug nut! It's pretty crazy!
I did go with the new Michelin Pilot A/S 4 ZP (the new Corvette tire) I'm very pleased with them. Again, nothing to add as far as handling, I agree with the statements above. The immediacy of turn in on the 20's is hard to replicate, but the daily driving experience is much better imho. Besides, I live in the Midwest and can't drive on the stock wheels/tires thru the winter. I think the NSX wheels are just dead sexy, AND they're much closer to stock offset.

Y spokes 4.jpeg
Looks great! Apexit53 has got mine ready to head my way, painted Berlina black (like OEM). How do you like those tires? I'd really prefer to get summer tires, but logistics and timing (upcoming move) are cramping my style right now.

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
When people talk about NSX wheels, I assume they're referring to the "Signature Y-spoke wheels." Any difference between Acura model years 2019-2021, or are they all the same? I'm currently happy with my stock CTR wheels, but once those Conti's are worn I want to switch to Michelins (I LOVED their Pilot SS on my prior Si, so the PS4S are a no-brainer for me). When I get new tires, it seems like a good time to get 19" ones and Acura wheels. A friend works for Acura, so I've got to see if he can get me a discount!

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
Looks great! Apexit53 has got mine ready to head my way, painted Berlina black (like OEM). How do you like those tires? I'd really prefer to get summer tires, but logistics and timing (upcoming move) are cramping my style right now.
I really like them. I'm a Michelin fan anyways, but they are a great compliment to the car. They are much quieter than the stock tires, obviously the extra sidewall helps. My car is a DD so I had to have something that would work in cold temps & snow. These are working perfectly

When people talk about NSX wheels, I assume they're referring to the "Signature Y-spoke wheels." Any difference between Acura model years 2019-2021, or are they all the same? I'm currently happy with my stock CTR wheels, but once those Conti's are worn I want to switch to Michelins (I LOVED their Pilot SS on my prior Si, so the PS4S are a no-brainer for me). When I get new tires, it seems like a good time to get 19" ones and Acura wheels. A friend works for Acura, so I've got to see if he can get me a discount!
The NSX Y spokes are all the same across model years. They do have a different part# I believe for the newer MY's but they are the same wheel. I agree about the PS4S tires, I will get those when my Conti's wear out. I am really thinking the same as you... I might just get another set of Y spokes and mount the summer PS4S on the second set. As far as pricing discounts for the wheels, my son works for Honda and can get a discount on Honda/Acura parts... except for NSX parts. :-(
Check with your friend, but acurapartsnow was the cheapest that I found, and I had them in about a week.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
do it, you won't regret it :)
20180722_140721_HDR.jpg

20180722_114600_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200223_140150_059.jpg
Did you track before and after the NSX wheels? Do you have back to back impressions of both? Just curious - looks great man :)

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did you track before and after the NSX wheels? Do you have back to back impressions of both? Just curious - looks great man :)
never auto-x'd on the oe 20s so no feedback, thank you appreciate it!

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
I believe the last two SCCA DS champs have used the NSX Y spoke rims on their Type R. They are forged so stronger than stock rims and 10 pounds a wheel lighter plus 19" gives you more tire choices.

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow those look incredible. Where did you buy them? Do they come with center caps?
It comes with the Acura emblems when you order the wheels but I used the OEM FK8 Type R caps and vinyl wrapped it to the same color of the wheels.
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone running NSX wheels on a stock Type R? 70C4D1AE-78D7-4174-A977-D0FD543D9FA8

chomdh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR, 2004 S2000, 2006 TL, 2016 Outback 3.6
Country flag
It comes with the Acura emblems when you order the wheels but I used the OEM FK8 Type R caps and vinyl wrapped it to the same color of the wheels.
70C4D1AE-78D7-4174-A977-D0FD543D9FA8.jpeg
Where did you order the wheels from? They look so badass.

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
^ great question regarding the hub centric rings, also does anyone know the part number for the 19s?

chomdh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR, 2004 S2000, 2006 TL, 2016 Outback 3.6
Country flag
^ great question regarding the hub centric rings, also does anyone know the part number for the 19s?
70.1 for the nsx wheels and 64.1mm center bore for the CTR wheels according to wheel-size.com

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Where did you order the wheels from? They look so badass.
sorry for the late reply, i purchased mine from my local acura dealer... if you don't mind used there are few sets for sale in the parts classifieds.. good luck!
Are Hubcentric Spacers required for the NSX wheels?
they are not required.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I would run hubcentric rings with the NSX wheels, cheap peace of mind. I got my aluminum rings made from uswheeladapters.com but even cheap plastic ones in the right size will work.

Also, I know most prefer the Y spokes, but the interwoven wheels also work if you prefer that look. Here are mine paired with the Porsche titanium lug nuts and color matched center caps:

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone running NSX wheels on a stock Type R? IMG_20210620_145047

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone running NSX wheels on a stock Type R? IMG_20210620_145114