Anyone running NSX wheels on a stock Type R?

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
i recall the "nc-twist" being slightly heavier than the "nc-y" as well... agreed both look great on the fk8.
When I went looking the cost is what was stopping me lol Those things are like 1600 a piece last I looked. Y spoke it is!
Sponsored

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
i recall the "nc-twist" being slightly heavier than the "nc-y" as well... agreed both look great on the fk8.
I believe the difference was very small, like 1-2lbs max. Both are forged and should be lighter than the stock 20" CTR wheels by a decent amount.

When I went looking the cost is what was stopping me lol Those things are like 1600 a piece last I looked. Y spoke it is!
If referring to the interwovens, I paid about $1100 for the two brand new ones + $100 shipping and $700 shipped for the other two lightly used ones = $1900 all in. It actually suprised me how "affordable" they were for forged OEM supercar wheels.

The bigger issue is getting Acura to approve the order. I've heard now, even with a valid NSX vin, orders are tough to get approved.

Sucks cuz I actually want 1 more as a backup for when I inevitably destroy a wheel on these shitty Boston roads lol would suck to be stuck not being able to get a replacement down the road.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I believe the difference was very small, like 1-2lbs max. Both are forged and should be lighter than the stock 20" CTR wheels by a decent amount.

If referring to the interwovens, I paid about $1100 for the two brand new ones + $100 shipping and $700 shipped for the other two lightly used ones = $1900 all in. It actually suprised me how "affordable" they were for forged OEM supercar wheels.

The bigger issue is getting Acura to approve the order. I've heard now, even with a valid NSX vin, orders are tough to get approved.

Sucks cuz I actually want 1 more as a backup for when I inevitably destroy a wheel on these shitty Boston roads lol would suck to be stuck not being able to get a replacement down the road.
Just stoked you got them my friend they look AWESOME.

GavinOC

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R Boost Blue Pearl
Country flag
Have any of you gents run a 265mm square setup on these rims for street?

Are any of your cars lowered with the above setup?

A 265/245 staggered seems to be common for auto cross - but I’d rather be able to rotate and don’t run auto cross events.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have any of you gents run a 265mm square setup on these rims for street?

Are any of your cars lowered with the above setup?

A 265/245 staggered seems to be common for auto cross - but I’d rather be able to rotate and don’t run auto cross events.
Square here - what you do is get 4 front wheels from the NSX so they are all the same and not offset like the NSX. Not lowered either - stock other than wheels :)

GavinOC

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R Boost Blue Pearl
Country flag
Square here - what you do is get 4 front wheels from the NSX so they are all the same and not offset like the NSX. Not lowered either - stock other than wheels :)
Yes that’s what I’m hoping to run. Are you 265/35/19 on all 4 corners?

TECATO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
For the people who have NSX wheels how were you able to obtain them I tried and used a NSX vin number but since I tried to order 4 fronts and the NSX has a different set of wheels in the back of the vehicle they rejected my order. Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Bob_L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Civic Type-R
Country flag
For the people who have NSX wheels how were you able to obtain them I tried and used a NSX vin number but since I tried to order 4 fronts and the NSX has a different set of wheels in the back of the vehicle they rejected my order. Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
I went through Graham Rahal Performance and they got them for me. I originally had them try to get Interwoven wheels for me, but after being unable to get them on their own for two months, plus being unsuccessful using 4 other Acura dealers as intermediaries, using 10 (ten) different NSX VINs that came with those wheels from the factory, they called me back and said they were unable to get them and offered to refund my money. Instead, I had them get me Y-spoke wheels, which weren't a problem other than backorders because of the whole global supply chain fiasco. It took 4 or 5 months, but they eventually got here. I received them about 3 weeks ago. The Y-spokes were obviously cheaper than the interwoven ones as well. I worked with Alex Sweet at GR.

Hope that helps,

-bob

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Look in used parts section there is a guy that sells them that works for a dealership!

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Pm sent
Sponsored