Anyone Running EMan’s Modified CMC?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I grinded second for the first time yesterday when getting on it. I realized that it’s because it physically won’t enter 2nd gear at higher RPM’s unless I wait with the shifter against the gate for a little. Then, after half a second or so, it slots in. So if I’m trying to shift quickly, it’s not in the gate yet when I let off the clutch and grinds.

I’ve been told that EMan’s modified CMC eliminates this “wall” that pops up between 1st and 2nd when shifting at higher RPM’s. Anecdotes say that it completely smooths things out. Has anyone here done this mod that can comment? Are there any risks or downsides to this?
Sponsored

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Assuming you haven't already, I'd try a fluid swap first before throwing money at parts. OEM Honda transmission fluid is garbage. I'm still convinced GMSMFM is the best transmission fluid for any Honda manual.

Not saying the CMC won't work, but there might be cheaper and easier solutions first.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Assuming you haven't already, I'd try a fluid swap first before throwing money at parts. OEM Honda transmission fluid is garbage. I'm still convinced GMSMFM is the best transmission fluid for any Honda manual.

Not saying the CMC won't work, but there might be cheaper and easier solutions first.
Done. I am currently on Amsoil and have modified the push rod on my clutch so that it bites right at the top. No improvement, unfortunately.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I had it on my Si and it fixed that very issue. I notice the Type R suffers from the same thing, I am stuck granny shifting to avoid grinding. Wish I could have kept my CMC to use it on the R.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had it on my Si and it fixed that very issue. I notice the Type R suffers from the same thing, I am stuck granny shifting to avoid grinding. Wish I could have kept my CMC to use it on the R.
Were there any major downsides to it? I've read that it can result in weird noises coming from the clutch pedal, and varying amounts of vibration in the clutch pedal

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Were there any major downsides to it? I've read that it can result in weird noises coming from the clutch pedal, and varying amounts of vibration in the clutch pedal
Not at all, the clutch pedal was just more consistent and was maybe a tad bit firmer. Engagement was instant though and it was great when I was at the drag strip.
Sponsored