Anyone running coilovers with a strut tower brace?

techguy124

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback EX
Country flag
I'm looking to get a set of bc racing coilovers for my Hatch. I already have a strut tower brace installed but I was wondering if I would still be able to use it with the coilovers or would I run into fitment issues? Is anyone else running coilovers and a strut brace? If so did you run into any issues? Thanks in advance for any input or info.
Sponsored

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I'm looking to get a set of bc racing coilovers for my Hatch. I already have a strut tower brace installed but I was wondering if I would still be able to use it with the coilovers or would I run into fitment issues? Is anyone else running coilovers and a strut brace? If so did you run into any issues? Thanks in advance for any input or info.
I have a Ultra Racing strut brace along with the HKS Hipermax GT IV coilovers. No issues with how everything fits. A possible issue if you don't do your own maintenance is some shops won't want to mess with removing and reinstalling a single piece strut bar to change the battery or do a brake fluid change.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone running coilovers with a strut tower brace? strut and coilover

OP
OP

techguy124

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback EX
Country flag
I do pretty much all of the basic maintenance on my car so that wouldn't be an issue. I'm glad to hear you didn't have any problems with your coilovers I just wasn't sure if the added thickness of the brace with the coilovers would prevent me from bolting the brace back on.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Actually have a lot more thread available with the HKS coilovers. The stock suspension barely had 1 thread left when I installed the strut, and that was removing the hatch's strut tower stiffener plates and reusing the shorter factory integral washer and nut.
Sponsored