Anyone running an HKS Spec L? Anyone??

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It should reduce vibrations coming from the mufflers/road noise which in turn quiet down the cabin. The drone will still be present, but it should be less than before.
Back in the day I used to pack pillow stuffing into car doors to remove any vibration caused from audio systems (or to quiet the cabin). There are plenty of ways to reduce vibrations, just gotta be willing to do them... eventually I’ll get to it:D
I am debating if i should do it...
Sponsored

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone still running this exhaust and happy with it?
I’m still happy running mine with a catless downpipe and frontpipe setup. However I will be getting a second resonator to dial in the note. Report back soon...

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
I’ve been wanting to get rid of mine for about a year, but I’m still saving for the Remus. It too tame for me but has a good note and zero drone.

davidato

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ve been wanting to get rid of mine for about a year, but I’m still saving for the Remus. It too tame for me but has a good note and zero drone.
Did you end up getting rid of it?

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
Did you end up getting rid of it?
Yes very recently in fact. I wanted to swap it but still didn’t have funds for the Remus, so I wound up getting the Remark Spec I with the resonator. I actually like the single muffler look now (I used to hate it lol). The sound of it for me is perfect. Just loud enough, very smooth tone and even burbles a bit on upshifts (still on OEM DP/FP). There is a little drone, but it’s not annoying and not enough to annoy me at all. Im extremely happy with it.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Yes very recently in fact. I wanted to swap it but still didn’t have funds for the Remus, so I wound up getting the Remark Spec I with the resonator. I actually like the single muffler look now (I used to hate it lol). The sound of it for me is perfect. Just loud enough, very smooth tone and even burbles a bit on upshifts (still on OEM DP/FP). There is a little drone, but it’s not annoying and not enough to annoy me at all. Im extremely happy with it.
My friend really likes the single-muffler look for the FK8. I honestly don’t know why, but she does. I’m still not the biggest fan, but the single-muffler designs tend to be the most cost effective for the FK8 right now :p

SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
Let's talk about this again. It's been well over a year with my HKS Build. I'm still loving it.

My HKS L-Spec sounds the best when I'M NOT IN THE CAR!
Every now and then I take my car in for the usual maintenance check at Honda. Or it might be car wash. It's when the staff get in my car to move it around that I know I made the right decision.

That HKS L-Spec has the sound signature that I and people around me love. A few points I'd like to make:
#5 The look is clean. Those carbon tips and the double-barrel shotgun look is INVINCIBLE. I've seen people just STOP and point it out. Then there's the BRO-Nod of respect.

#4 It's lightweight.

#3 It's easy to clean. It does build up some carbon on the inside of the tips, but a wet towel and a little cleaner and it shines up like new.

#2 It's not quiet. The sound you hear helps with shifting. You don't need to look at RPMs.

#1 The BASS signature. You will clearly know that it's YOUR Type R that is being moved. Other drivers nearby know exactly what this is about.

See for yourself:

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
my car isnt even a month old and i put a spec L on. this is the sound it should have made from the factory imo. love it! a more “mature” sounding exhaust is how id describe it.

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Spec L is a great choice. Unfortunately the engine note catless isn’t great. I’ve yet to hear a good bolt on system, catted or catless.
Now that I added a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator to it, the sound is perfect. Deep and smooth with factory like drone throughout the entire RPM range.

has anyone else seen HKS is looking to add different tip covers?

K20Chargd

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Spec L is a great choice. Unfortunately the engine note catless isn’t great. I’ve yet to hear a good bolt on system, catted or catless.
Now that I added a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator to it, the sound is perfect. Deep and smooth with factory like drone throughout the entire RPM range.

has anyone else seen HKS is looking to add different tip covers?
whats wrong with it?
Did adding the resonator make the exhaust more quiet?

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
whats wrong with it?
Did adding the resonator make the exhaust more quiet?
Wrong with what?

only reason for adding the resonator was to remove the rasp from the catless downpipe. It did also quiet the sound

K20Chargd

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Wrong with what?

only reason for adding the resonator was to remove the rasp from the catless downpipe. It did also quiet the sound
What was wrong with the exhaust that made you add the resonator is what I was asking

any videos post resonator?I have the spec l with catted dp and have rasp up top in the rev range