Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thinking about replacing the stock subwoofer with my Infinity out of my STI.
Has anyone done that? If so did you install a amplifier as well?
Thanks guys!
Sponsored

Iceyankee-Tsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR
Country flag
Check that your Infinity unit's end resistance is 2ohms and you will be fine. None the less, be aware that the sub is not the problem in our cars. It is the the amplifier which you cannot replace unless you go with a DSP like the nuew Axxess unit. There is a thread about it. Option 2, add an amp with a line output converter or buy a separate unit loc like a audiocontrol lc2i feeding your amp of selection. Signals taken from the passengers side front door woofer.

Plenty of threads about this. Many people are unhappy with the "premium" system stock sub sound.

OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check that your Infinity unit's end resistance is 2ohms and you will be fine. None the less, be aware that the sub is not the problem in our cars. It is the the amplifier which you cannot replace unless you go with a DSP like the nuew Axxess unit. There is a thread about it. Option 2, add an amp with a line output converter or buy a separate unit loc like a audiocontrol lc2i feeding your amp of selection. Signals taken from the passengers side front door woofer.

Plenty of threads about this. Many people are unhappy with the "premium" system stock sub sound.
Thank you much appreciated, I will look for the others threads as well and do more homework on it.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I used an LOC to an amp back to the factory sub and have plenty of bass for my needs. You're not going to impress the high schoolers with slapped together walmart kickers, since it's still just an 8" factory sub, but replacing the amp signal is the first step since the factory amp is the problem.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I swapped out my Factory Sub with a Kicker shallow mount sub. IT did work on the Factory amp, and it was a bit louder, but not the ideal setup.

I installed an Alpine Monoblock amp for the kicker and that made a HUGE Difference.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

One does not need a line out convertor. Just get an amp that can accept a high signal input, tap into the sub wires and voila.... good to go. It's what I did.

OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a Alpine amp also, just need to see the specs on it I don't remember. Thanks for all the info guys much appreciated!

Toolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One does not need a line out convertor. Just get an amp that can accept a high signal input, tap into the sub wires and voila.... good to go. It's what I did.
This seems like a much simpler way..for someone who does not know much about audio components can you give details of your setup?
Thanks!

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Also Pics on where you mounted the Amp would be helpful

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
There are plenty of threads on this, but this one has everything you need. I replaced the stock sub and added an amp and the LC2i, and I'm very happy with the results. Did the install myself with no prior experience, just follow the instructions. I also ended up replacing the dash speaker and the front door speakers. Huge improvement for a very reasonable price.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...s-amp-center-channel-and-door-speakers.27310/

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This seems like a much simpler way..for someone who does not know much about audio components can you give details of your setup?
Thanks!
Honestly both ways are super easy. The LC2i will give a little better signal, but with a quality amp it’s not even noticeable and I’m an audiophile. When I get home I’ll post my pictures here. But yes. The thread linked does a good job showing what to do.