Anyone ran 245/35 or 255/35 tires instead of the 30 series instead yet?

rich33

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR CW
Country flag
Thank you for sharing this vital information. I'm in the process of receiving my 2020 in a few weeks and was trying to learn what to do in regards to diverting from these OEM size tires. Going 18s was probably the best solution, but that would mean another set of wheels and tires plus no place to store OEM wheels. I'm glad I found this thread and that you were able to verify that the 245/35/20 setup is still holding up and you have no issues with it. This solution will only cost me a new set of tires, while retaining the factory look. It will also buy me some time if I do decide to go with 18s in the future. I'm strongly leaning towards trying the Michellin Pilot A/S 3 Plus found here:

https://www.americastire.com/buy-tires/michelin-pilot-sport-a-s-3-plus/p/36624
Also, the 35's fill up the wheel well a bit more which looks very good.
Sponsored

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Some members claim that this change affects the overall dynamics and handling of the car. That is what I'm worried about if I go this route.

rich33

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR CW
Country flag
Some members claim that this change affects the overall dynamics and handling of the car. That is what I'm worried about if I go this route.
Such a minor change has no noticeable effect on dynamics or handling of the car. The 30 series sidewalls are simply too narrow for everyday street use, given the condition of our
roads in most states

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
I also have used 245/35/20 for 3 years now, from General all season tires to michellin tires . Is definitely better than the stock continentals and with a lot of daily driving, they held up very well and better comfort than the stock tires. No complaints so far.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I also have used 245/35/20 for 3 years now, from General all season tires to michellin tires . Is definitely better than the stock continentals and with a lot of daily driving, they held up very well and better comfort than the stock tires. No complaints so far.
Did you change them right away after you purchased the vehicle or did you drive the vehicle long enough to know the difference between before and after you made the change? There's some conflicting information from some other members claiming that they felt a big difference after they changed the tire size.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you change them right away after you purchased the vehicle or did you drive the vehicle long enough to know the difference between before and after you made the change? There's some conflicting information from some other members claiming that they felt a big difference after they changed the tire size.
I drove the stock ones for about 7 months and they were good enough on the highway but street driving depending on the street you will feel every tiny bump. After I switched to the 245/35/20 I felt way better on the highway, and a lot more comfortable on the street. Still some big bumps you will feel but overall I still found it to be better than stock since stock just feels flimsy and delicate for daily driving IMO.

Mike2954...

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Can any one suggest any 255 35 20 all season tires ? I have spent hours looking at reviews lol and i can not decide. Some of the better reviewed ones are Toyo Proxes, Cooper Zeon, Hankook Ventus, Falken Ziex, Continentals, etc. If anyone has any all season tires this size pls send some pics and feedback

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I drove the stock ones for about 7 months and they were good enough on the highway but street driving depending on the street you will feel every tiny bump. After I switched to the 245/35/20 I felt way better on the highway, and a lot more comfortable on the street. Still some big bumps you will feel but overall I still found it to be better than stock since stock just feels flimsy and delicate for daily driving IMO.
Did the tire shop give you any hassles about you wanting to install non-recommended tire sizes? Our tire rep here on the forum from Discount Tires was pretty cool and offered to help out if the local store didn't want to install something their computer would tell them not to. Even on their website it prevents me from placing any orders outside the recommended tire size. Tire rack.com allows you to place an order with them without specifying vehicle type but then I would have to go to an independent installer which I don't want to do.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did the tire shop give you any hassles about you wanting to install non-recommended tire sizes? Our tire rep here on the forum from Discount Tires was pretty cool and offered to help out if the local store didn't want to install something their computer would tell them not to. Even on their website it prevents me from placing any orders outside the recommended tire size. Tire rack.com allows you to place an order with them without specifying vehicle type but then I would have to go to an independent installer which I don't want to do.
I took it to a Honda dealer here close to home and they were cool about it, no hassle.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
My eyes are real bad lol are those 255 or 245 on that pic

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Theyre 255 35 20s
Thanks for sharing! Looks great- I'm leaning towards the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S but they're over $300 ea. It might be a worthwhile investment since the car will see low miles per year. I know for sure I'll be able to stretch out the max mileage on those tires.

GTWaggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
Thanks for sharing! Looks great- I'm leaning towards the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S but they're over $300 ea. It might be a worthwhile investment since the car will see low miles per year. I know for sure I'll be able to stretch out the max mileage on those tires.
I'm hoping the Pilot Sports are not as sticky, grabbing every pebble. I traded our 2003 Odyssey after 17 years, on the Type R. There's a change!

BigBart33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R
Country flag
How is handling on 255s? I figure 35 sidewall doesn’t change much but I’m wondering if wider tires causes negative handling affects, particularly steering response. If somebody who’s tracked on 245s and 255s could respond that would be awesome.
Sponsored