Anyone Parking Their R and Suffering Withdrawals?

OP
OP

aytaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I was livid to be honest, thankfully I love this car so much so it has subsided since then. I don't like the idea of cutting but in not a huge deal at the end of the day, you have to be looking dead on from a crouch to see it, and they only cut enough of the honey comb to get the heater cord through. I had no choice because I actually picked this one up because the dealer had got in for someone else that had backed out on their deposit so that PDI was all done already. I was actually supposed to buy from my local dealer but they messed and couldn't get be the CW they promised so I drove like 250 kms to get my car. Got a cheaper deal in the long run and very happy with the car.
No one can see or cares, but it still kills you inside - Me with every small scratch and chip i find on my cars.
Sponsored

CanadianFK8

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
It warms your oil so your car gets to temp faster, good for the turbo'd stuff to let you send it faster. But, it'll be the same if you just drive under 3k rpm for the first 10-15mins and let your engine warm up.
Actually warms up your coolant, and in turn warms up the block and oil. Definitely easier on the internal components when it gets super cold out.

Calgary is looking at -40 celsius over this weekend and into next week. (that's also -40 fahrenheit for our american folks) so ya... she's cold!

Last edited:

CanadianFK8

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I was livid to be honest, thankfully I love this car so much so it has subsided since then. I don't like the idea of cutting but in not a huge deal at the end of the day, you have to be looking dead on from a crouch to see it, and they only cut enough of the honey comb to get the heater cord through. I had no choice because I actually picked this one up because the dealer had got in for someone else that had backed out on their deposit so that PDI was all done already. I was actually supposed to buy from my local dealer but they messed and couldn't get be the CW they promised so I drove like 250 kms to get my car. Got a cheaper deal in the long run and very happy with the car.
I hear ya... I can't believe that is the "proper" way from honda to install this. Tucking it under the hood by the headlight should be the proper way to do it in my opinion. Nobody is cutting my brand new car up for a heater plug!!

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
This is why I throw snow tires on and tear em up all winter lol

EAClarke

First Name
Clarke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yup! I have mine parked in the garage at my parents, so my dad takes it around the block once a week.

I'm driving an 2008 CRV. God I miss the hell out of my R. I'm actually debating driving it next winter because of how much I love driving it.

OP
OP

aytaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Yup! I have mine parked in the garage at my parents, so my dad takes it around the block once a week.

I'm driving an 2008 CRV. God I miss the hell out of my R. I'm actually debating driving it next winter because of how much I love driving it.
Should make sure he's getting the car fully warmed otherwise its not great to take it for short drives when parking it due to the condensation build up.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really looking forward to getting mine finished and out this coming spring. I will be storing the CTR every winter, I have a 2017 lx hatch for a beater.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Haven't driven my Z or Si in the past several days due to crap weather conditions and yes I am starting to get withdrawal symptoms :thumbsdown:

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Actually warms up your coolant, and in turn warms up the block and oil. Definitely easier on the internal components when it gets super cold out.

Calgary is looking at -40 celsius over this weekend and into next week. (that's also -40 fahrenheit for our american folks) so ya... she's cold!
Back in the day I stayed at the Banff Hotel in November and it was -40 I had the block heater in my 1963 Chrysler 300 (really back in the day) plugged in overnight and next morning no way would it start in that cold weather!!! Fast forward to now and I love winter, because I live in South Carolina and my CTR turbo loves the cooler weather this time of year, especially when get really cold, like 40 degrees : ) For the ones that do live in the cool climates, can you install a remote start?

OP
OP

aytaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Back in the day I stayed at the Banff Hotel in November and it was -40 I had the block heater in my 1963 Chrysler 300 (really back in the day) plugged in overnight and next morning no way would it start in that cold weather!!! Fast forward to now and I love winter, because I live in South Carolina and my CTR turbo loves the cooler weather this time of year, especially when get really cold, like 40 degrees : ) For the ones that do live in the cool climates, can you install a remote start?
Oh i would love to live in permanent fall like weather. I'm not a fan of the extremes. Car starters are such a nice thing to have when its -30 out (this week), I have underground parking luckily so I don't have it though. Nothing like needing to scrape your car in -30 and then sit in a freezing car while you head to work at 6am.

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh i would love to live in permanent fall like weather. I'm not a fan of the extremes. Car starters are such a nice thing to have when its -30 out (this week), I have underground parking luckily so I don't have it though. Nothing like needing to scrape your car in -30 and then sit in a freezing car while you head to work at 6am.
I dont miss that at all! In one of my BMW 's it did have heated seats and steering wheel that helped a lot. I use to commute 1 1/2 hrs one way to work along the 401 to Toronto in the snow.
No traction control, no front wheel drive. no ABS, no air bag and strangely I'm still alive! Now with the modern cars, they will even let you know when you pass gas!!

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't miss the Canadian road rage : )

Watch "Canadian Winter Road Rage" on YouTube
Sponsored