Anyone paid a shop to install a chrome delete kit?

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve already ruined 1 kit. This is not the sort of thing I enjoy or am good enough at to get the quality of work I want.

I’ve asked a few tint shops they’ve said not interested. Curious if anybody here has done it this way.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same issues as you. Actually gave it two attempts. I'm living with the chrome and have heard shops will charge something like $200+ for the install anyway.

I guess I suck at vinyl work because I found it near impossible to do a professional looking job.

It turned out "OK" but I couldn't get past the imperfections.

Last edited:

sib2on

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
I’ve already ruined 1 kit. This is not the sort of thing I enjoy or am good enough at to get the quality of work I want.

I’ve asked a few tint shops they’ve said not interested. Curious if anybody here has done it this way.

Personally, i have not done it this way but also wouldn't prefer to. Only because its a fairly simple job and yes you may mess up here and there but going to a shop to get it done is more of an hassle and waste of money than it would be doing it on your own.

I actually bought a 1.5" x 6' black matte vinyl to wrap my chrome pieces...and it looks like shat. But the second time around, i'm going to do better because now i know what to do now. A roll of vinyl is about $15 on amazon. Beats $100+ 100% of the time.

If you're 100% on having it done through a shop, i would suggest having it as an add on. For example, tinting your windows or wrapping your roof and requesting the chromes to be wrapped too. Hopefully they can throw it in there as well fingers crossed. They charge a premium to get this simple job done because its fairly ez and probably just don't want to do it.

Last edited:

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
They quoted me $300. I’ll be trying the $25 delete kit from amazon This week myself. Lyk

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
The shop that did my window tint quoted me at 220 for the chrome delete...I would say very overpriced. They say "it's not the vinyl, but the time it takes."

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I got my kit from Khrome Delete on eBay for $40-$60... I can’t remember. The wrap it came with had a bit more so you wouldn’t be able to mess up. It’s not hard at all. Heck I’ll do it for you for $15 haha

OP
OP
jimmyreal

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The shop that did my window tint quoted me at 220 for the chrome delete...I would say very overpriced. They say "it's not the vinyl, but the time it takes."
I’m too old and too “not poor” to get frustrated modding. “Overpriced” is always relative.

OP
OP
jimmyreal

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my kit from Khrome Delete on eBay for $40-$60... I can’t remember. The wrap it came with had a bit more so you wouldn’t be able to mess up. It’s not hard at all. Heck I’ll do it for you for $15 haha
“Hard” is relative.

I’m either going to do it or somebody who does this sort of thing for a literal living is going to do it. $200 to go “damn, that looks GOOD” instead of “look at that bubble or wrinkle or imperfection” everytime I walk up to my car... that’s a worthwhile cost.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Has anyone tried To use Plasti Dip for chrome delete?

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
I paid $250 to the shop that tinted my windows in Xpel XR Prime+ ceramic tint. Well worth.....in my opinion. Maybe some folks want to try it themselves but I don't have the patience for it and I'd rather pay a premium for a shop to do it perfectly the first time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone paid a shop to install a chrome delete kit? IMG_0593

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ordered my chrome delete from Unity Performance. It’s by Jets Vinyl. Still waiting after ordering it 2 weeks ago ? but I wouldn’t pay a shop that much money. I should have asked the guy who did my tint on my windows if he does that but not sure. My boyfriend paid for my window tint. I think people think for such an easy job they wanna charge more because of the time it takes to wrap the chrome ??‍♀
Sponsored