Anyone offer a mesh kit to keep stuff from hitting the radiator and condensor?

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
washing my car i noticed some damage to the fins of the condensor . lucky its not leaking. does anyone offer a mesh kit to prevent this from happening?
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
washing my car i noticed some damage to the fins of the condensor . lucky its not leaking. does anyone offer a mesh kit to prevent this from happening?
Based on your username I would assume you have a sport hatchback which has the 1.5T engine.

What you're seeing with bent fins is not the condenser, but the intercooler.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
most people just use zip ties, about 3-4 of them.. its rigged i know but.. easy removal and if u put them high enough, they are hidden well.. I'm going to do this when i remove my bumper to replace my horn

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
What method of adhesion did you use to secure the mesh to the bumper?
Zoom in and you'll see a couple of bare copper wires (from a piece of Romex) just twisted like a loaf of bread. I had every intention of replacing them with black zip ties. But I honestly forgot about it since I can't even bend down low enough to see it. The copper will probably last much longer. But you get the idea.

Obviously you have to cut off the curved part of the guard. And you'll need to trim it to the correct width. The upper plastic cover thingy needs to be removed to get access. And I had to drop it in vertically and then position it horizontally. I had planned on using the copper just to hold it while I fastened the zip ties. I promise the whole job looks much more professional than this photo. The material really does kind of disappear.
Sponsored