Anyone noticing small rattles?

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Put a small square piece of weatherstripping on it, so the door slightly pushes against it. No more rattle.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX T
Is anyone noticing small rattles starting to develop in random places?

I have only driven about 1500 miles, and I have noticed three rattles starting to develop. One by the driver door, one at the rear deck, and the other is something near the glovebox area (this one only happens when I hit a bump small or big). My 2013 LX had no rattles even at 60k, but I'm hoping the interior holds up well. It would be a darn shame to have such an upscale interior but it rattles like a Kia Rio a year down the road :dunno:

Is this a concern for anyone else?
I too have noticed small rattles from my driver door you can hear it right in my ear sometimes as I'm making a turn and if I have my window down not all the way when I'm closing the door a strange noise. I have had my car since March of this year noticed it back in May. I had others issues to resolve like my infotainment system they had to replace the unit. That problem is fine so far.

TinSnips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Maybe??
Country flag
Has anyone successfully fixed the driver side door rattle? I'm getting that too and would be very happy to eliminate it. I'm a bit surprised that little trim issue would cause it. But mine is coming off a little too.

ehych

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 EX-L Modern Steel
Country flag
Has anyone successfully fixed the driver side door rattle? I'm getting that too and would be very happy to eliminate it. I'm a bit surprised that little trim issue would cause it. But mine is coming off a little too.
Mine too, it started rattling a couple of weeks ago (bought it 2 months ago) and it's driving me nuts. Has anyone tried the weatherstrip recommendation?

pw93827

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I've got one over by the glovebox but haven't really tried to find the source or fix it yet. I'll probably see what I can find this weekend as its starting to get annoying.

jhaze84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I have a rattle in the rearview mirror plastic housing that holds the Honda Sensing camera and rain sensor. It comes and goes but has been persistent lately. Possibly the summer heat is expanding the plastic and aggravating the rattle. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to mess with it because of all the expensive electronic things inside.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I am having some really bad rattles in the dash around 1500-2000 rpm. Mostly around the center of the dash and driver side corner. Also some bad metallic rattles in the back passenger side deck around the seatbelt area. Its very frustrating. The build quality of this car seems to be pretty poor. Any ideas on what these could be? Its frustrating to the point where I am wanting to buy something different.

OP
OP
lmoore1436

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
I've been playing around with it, but haven't found a permanent solution. I did stick a sock in the gap while driving and that made it go away, so I'm thinking something just has to be wedged in there.

OP
OP
lmoore1436

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
I have a rattle in the rearview mirror plastic housing that holds the Honda Sensing camera and rain sensor. It comes and goes but has been persistent lately. Possibly the summer heat is expanding the plastic and aggravating the rattle. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to mess with it because of all the expensive electronic things inside.
I would take it to the dealer, rattles from plastic on glass won't go away or get better unfortunately... Only worse :(

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been playing around with it, but haven't found a permanent solution. I did stick a sock in the gap while driving and that made it go away, so I'm thinking something just has to be wedged in there.
Lol I used a sock for my subwoofer rattle. I guess socks are the key to enjoying the new civic. I'm going to start stuffing socks everywhere. Who needs dynamat.

OP
OP
lmoore1436

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
I was driving on slightly rough pavement today and realized where my drivers side rattle is coming from. It is the plastic piece that sits on top of the gauge cluster! I was almost certain it was from the actual door but I listened to it for about three or four minutes straight and it's definitely that plastic piece.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I just found this thread..I notice every winter I hear small rattles by my glove compartment..but it's not the glove compartment itself.. now I'm thinking it's more likely a badly cut and loose trim piece near the passenger side door, might be the A Pillar. One way or another I'm going to track the rattle's source, I'll keep you posted and please chime in if you have a similar rattle.

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
I've got one over by the glovebox but haven't really tried to find the source or fix it yet. I'll probably see what I can find this weekend as its starting to get annoying.
Loosen the two screws holding the glovebox cover and push on the cover while tightening the screws, you can also stick a small piece of foam where the cover makes contact.
I had the same problem, now it's ok
I hope it fixes your rattle.
Sponsored