Anyone lease one or see the lease rates

mdsniper7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester xt
I want to lease but before I go in and deal with the dealers was wondering if any of my fellow civix members can help me out. Anyone see what the lease rates were or lease one there selves. Thank you
Sponsored

tobziez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
When I went to check them out, they quoted me at $390/mo with $2000 down (I picked the down). Considering you could get a 17 WRX lease for $295/mo with $1179 down, I wasn't impressed.

With 1.99% APR financing over 60 mo (through a bank), I'd only be paying $60 more a month to own the thing with the same downpayment. Which is why I opted to buy it.

The Si's are hot right now, so there's little incentive from Honda to provide good financing rates or lease deals. If you wan't a lease deal, I'd consider waiting a few months.

Jake Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2017 CR-V AWD Touring
Country flag
I put $1,100 down and pay $400/mo for 15k miles.

Residual: 60% = $14,865
Money Factor: .00210

Update to add more info:

Gross Capitalized Cost: $25,370 ($24,775 MSRP + $595 Acquisition Fee)

The payment would have been a bit over $400/mo, but I like round numbers, so I paid $285.33 as a "Capitalized Cost Reduction" to reduce the payment to $399.95.

My $1,100 "down" included the first month's payment of $399.95, that cap cost reduction of $285.33, $25 sales/use tax on that payment (wtf?), registration of about $300, and doc fee of $80.

My dealer also let me use a loaner for three weeks since my previous lease ended mid-May. That saved me about $750 in rental fees. So I didn't mind paying MSRP, or getting the standard lease deal. I leased my '13 from them four years ago for $1,000 down and $250/mo. Now that was a deal! (Honda will let you extend the lease up to a year.)

Keep in mind, "down" in these cases includes the first month's payment.

I agree, the lease isn't great financially, but I've been leasing for years, and really like the guaranteed no-hassle out in three years. I just don't ever want to deal with selling, especially if there's some huge improvement in three years or something comes up with this new model and it's hard to sell down the road.

Last edited:

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
I have not gone in to see my dealer chick about payments yet...but considering she leased my mom a 2016 EX-T w/CVT, 15k miles, and all season mats for $221 with ~$2k down...

If she comes at me with a number anywhere approaching $300 I'm laughing and walking out

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
I have not gone in to see my dealer chick about payments yet...but considering she leased my mom a 2016 EX-T w/CVT, 15k miles, and all season mats for $221 with ~$2k down...

If she comes at me with a number anywhere approaching $300 I'm laughing and walking out
I wouldnt waste your time then. EX-T is ~$1.6k less expensive than an Si before discounts and Honda offers incentives towards leasing the run of the mill Civics so to expect a similar lease payment on a more expensive car thats not being discounted or has incentives from the manufacturer is asinine.

EB_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 228i M-Sport
This thread should be a sticky. As someone who is interested in leasing an Si next June (2018), it would be nice to have a thread where we could keep track of money factor / residual percentages.

My dealer also let me use a loaner for three weeks since my previous lease ended mid-May. That saved me about $750 in rental fees. So I didn't mind paying MSRP, or getting the standard lease deal. I leased my '13 from them four years ago for $1,000 down and $250/mo. Now that was a deal! (Honda will let you extend the lease up to a year.)

I agree, the lease isn't great financially, but I've been leasing for years, and really like the guaranteed no-hassle out in three years. I just don't ever want to deal with selling, especially if there's some huge improvement in three years or something comes up with this new model and it's hard to sell down the road.
So how did that work out on a lease calculator? How much profit did the dealer see there? 400 bux w/ 1,000 out of pocket on a car that has a MSRP of 24kish sounds way too high. What was your capitalized cost?

For comparison, I'm currently paying 410 w/ 1,500 out of pocket on my 228i M-Sport (sticker was around 40kish, cap cost was around 37k).

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wouldnt waste your time then. EX-T is ~$1.6k less expensive than an Si before discounts and Honda offers incentives towards leasing the run of the mill Civics so to expect a similar lease payment on a more expensive car thats not being discounted or has incentives from the manufacturer is asinine.
It's their job to convince me to make a purchase, they are the salespeople...

As you said...$1600 more between an EX-T and an Si...spread out over 36 months isn't a large amount...I'm not looking for the extra milage or extras they threw in on my mom's EX-T...

If they don't want to play ball, I don't sign the papers, it's simple...The Si isn't some limited production exclusive model...it's a sporty grocery getter with a manual tranny, nothing more

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
It's their job to convince me to make a purchase, they are the salespeople...

As you said...$1600 more between an EX-T and an Si...spread out over 36 months isn't a large amount...I'm not looking for the extra milage or extras they threw in on my mom's EX-T...

If they don't want to play ball, I don't sign the papers, it's simple...The Si isn't some limited production exclusive model...it's a sporty grocery getter with a manual tranny, nothing more
But you are not taking into account that HFS is subsidizing leases on all models except the Si and Type R. Your dealer cant change the lease rates Honda provides on the Si and they arent going to be as good as what they are on a EX-T.

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But you are not taking into account that HFS is subsidizing leases on all models except the Si and Type R. Your dealer cant change the lease rates Honda provides on the Si and they arent going to be as good as what they are on a EX-T.
Not my problem...that's theirs...I walk

The beauty of being in the market for a daily driver you want, but don't need

MikeRS1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
Go on Weymouth Hondas website. I have used them for reference on my last 3 leases. Asked my local dealer to match the price and they did. You can punch in how much you want to put down and any information on your deal

Ma_deuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2002 ZX2, 2017 Si Coupe
Not my problem...that's theirs...I walk

The beauty of being in the market for a daily driver you want, but don't need
Oh noes, what ever is the dealership going to do that didn't sell you a car LOL.

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh noes, what ever is the dealership going to do that didn't sell you a car LOL.
They will either find a sucker to pay what they want to sell it for...or call me back a couple days later with a better offer...

I appreciate your sorry attempt at humor though...however like I said, I'm in the market for a car I want, but don't need...

I'm not trying to stick it to the dealer, or am I under the impression that not selling me a car will somehow harm their bottom dollar...

But I do know what the Si is worth to me in terms of a lease agreement. If they don't agree, it's no loss for either of us

Last edited:

iamitman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport 6 MT

Oh lease extension is good to know! I might extend my Accord Sport lease to see new Accord Vs Civic Si. Also, by 2018 all the kinks should be worked out!

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Also, by 2018 all the kinks should be worked out!
I think that most of the kinks had already been worked out, because it is largely an EX-T with some tweaks, instead of being a brand new, freshly redesigned from the ground up, platform like the 2016 Civics were. Haven't heard owners complaining about the Si anywhere near the way some owners were complaining last year about the very early '16 models. Mine seems flawless (granted, it's only been a couple days, but still.)