Anyone know if the climate control from 2019 Civic will fit in the 16-18?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Did you actually buy the parts and swap it in, or are you speculating? This is one of my biggest gripes with the car.
No it's not speculation. i didn't buy the parts but i had access to the part so we tried plugging it into mine real quick to test and see if it works.
Everything works like how it would normally except it does nothing when you press on the fan speed control buttons. The only way to gain a fan speed control button/knob on a 17-18 is to lose the dual zone climate control. There's no way around it
Sponsored

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No it's not speculation. i didn't buy the parts but i had access to the part so we tried plugging it into mine real quick to test and see if it works.
Everything works like how it would normally except it does nothing when you press on the fan speed control buttons. The only way to gain a fan speed control button/knob on a 17-18 is to lose the dual zone climate control. There's no way around it
Thats perfectly fine for me, nobody ever uses the 2nd zone control in the car. I use Auto anyways and the wife never adjusts her setting.

So thats fine. Really thinking about this swap now.

Is it possible to swap the unit from a Touring onto a Si? I like the 2019 CTR control very much but want to retain heated seats.

Last edited:

MarvelDc97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Just did this on my 18 EX and found out the hard way the fan buttons don't work. I've been wanting to swap my 2018 touch controlled head unit with the 2019 button controlled head unit. Would that fix the issue and allow me to use the fan control buttons?
Sponsored