anyone know HP Gain from the following mods...

Boost925

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Hello,

Does anyone have any idea as to how much gain in Horse Power and Torque we got from the following two mods...

Mishimoto Cold air intake
MAPerformance Race exhaust with Front Pipe. (Stock down Pipe still installed)

See car description in signature.

If I had to guess I would say maybe 7-10 Horse and maybe 10-14 Foot pounds of Torque.
Then again maybe I am totally dreaming with those numbers.

Just curious if anyone knows from Dyno'ing their car with similar mods.

Thanks!
Mike
Sponsored

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Not enough to be noticeable

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
5,763,210 horsepower.

Seriously though, if you want more than mostly sound, it all starts with a tune. Plain and simple.

OP, I also don't think you'll find anyone dynoing their car with just an intake and exhaust unless they're tuned as well.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Hello,

Does anyone have any idea as to how much gain in Horse Power and Torque we got from the following two mods...

Mishimoto Cold air intake
MAPerformance Race exhaust with Front Pipe. (Stock down Pipe still installed)

See car description in signature.

If I had to guess I would say maybe 7-10 Horse and maybe 10-14 Foot pounds of Torque.
Then again maybe I am totally dreaming with those numbers.

Just curious if anyone knows from Dyno'ing their car with similar mods.

Thanks!
Mike
5,763,210 horsepower.

Seriously though, if you want more than mostly sound, it all starts with a tune. Plain and simple.

OP, I also don't think you'll find anyone dynoing their car with just an intake and exhaust unless they're tuned as well.
agreed. A tune + FFK is gonna give you the most hp and torque out of the gate.
I ran tsp stage 1 and then KTuner basemap for W1 for several months without issues once I was FBO. I don’t necessarily advise going that long, but I also didn’t beat on my car until I could get a custom tune.
At the end of the day it all comes down to what your goals for the car are and how much dough your willing to shell out to get there. Best of luck modding.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I ran tsp stage 1 and then KTuner basemap for W1 for several months without issues once I was FBO. I don’t necessarily advise going that long, but I also didn’t beat on my car until I could get a custom tune.
At the end of the day it all comes down to what your goals for the car are and how much dough your willing to shell out to get there. Best of luck modding.
FFK?

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Thank you, I'm not used to seeing that abbreviation. Was going crazy. Front......something....kit?? ?
Hahaha no worries, I didn’t know either when I first got on here and I was trying to figure out the same thing.

OP
OP
Boost925

Boost925

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Not enough to be noticeable
I know it will be minimal but Turbo'd vehicles usually appreciate opening up airflow. It could all be my imagination but I feel like there is a noticeable difference in throttle response and it seems to pull a little harder in the higher RPM's but again that could just me being wishful.

OP
OP
Boost925

Boost925

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
5,763,210 horsepower.

Yeah I know tuning is the way to go but I am not gonna do any tuning for now. this is really my son's car I bought for him that he modding with his own money. I don't want him to void the warranty just yet. I know flashing can be reversed. (I do this with my Diesel truck) but I am not ready to let him play with the computer yet. I know it will eventually come to tuning though.

OP
OP
Boost925

Boost925

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
OP
OP
Boost925

Boost925

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Thank you...right now the goal is not to get as much HP as possible. Just mod the car enough to make it fun. Don't want to forfeit warranty right now anyways. Intake and exhaust are all my son and I will be doing for engine performance for now. Next is all suspension mods and wheels. Just want allow him to make the car his own and have fun playing with the car with his Dad. LOL

OP
OP
Boost925

Boost925

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
5,763,210 horsepower.

So basically what you are saying is I get about the same amount of HP from the intake and exhaust as I do from putting cool stickers on the car! LOL

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So basically what you are saying is I get about the same amount of HP from the intake and exhaust as I do from putting cool stickers on the car! LOL
Yes, depending on how many stickers.
Sponsored