Anyone know how to remove the passenger side mirror?

JTrescue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Hey everyone, first post here!

Unfortunately... I had an incident in my civic vs my garage door and now I need to replace the black matte plastic piece of the passenger side mirror. Have no clue how to remove the mirror or replace any of the parts. If anyone knows this information please help. Thank you for your time in advance!!!
Sponsored

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not 100% sure about the passenger side mirror but the drivers side mirror has two self tapping screws directly behind the mirror that hold the 2 half's together. The piece on top that matches the color of the car is a snap in cap and there is another cap beneath the reveals two screws that are part of the attachment to the stalk from the door itself.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone know how to remove the passenger side mirror? 27273913126_4fb13bcd06_b

The passenger side mirror may vary slightly with the camera also wedged in there but it parts catalog doesn't really show anything different.
http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...able-engine/interior-bumper-cat/mirror-2-scat

Good luck!

Attachments

OP
OP

JTrescue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Thanks a lot man, how did you remove the mirror (glass) itself?

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
These are replacement parts for my drivers side mirror. I haven't ventured into my own teardown yet.... I also need the stalk piece and I am waiting for that piece to arrive before tearing into it. So at this point I am not 100% clear on how to remove the mirror itself but will likely adjust the mirror in one direction or the other to see if I can glean any idea of the technique required. Has to snap onto the adjust mechanism in some fashion.

dipak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civix Touring
Country flag
I have the same issue - wife drove the car out of the garage and hit the passenger mirror - took it to my Honda dealer today and they are quoting me $430 for the whole assembly plus 2 hour labor plus taxes. I would like to see if I can replace the unit myself - My mirror is fine and so is the camera so black plastic housing is what I was told is broke so need to replace that. Not sure what part to get ?

ANC hater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
I have the same issue - wife drove the car out of the garage and hit the passenger mirror - took it to my Honda dealer today and they are quoting me $430 for the whole assembly plus 2 hour labor plus taxes. I would like to see if I can replace the unit myself - My mirror is fine and so is the camera so black plastic housing is what I was told is broke so need to replace that. Not sure what part to get ?
http://www.expresshondaparts.com/au...able-engine/interior-bumper-cat/mirror-1-scat or bernardiparts.com both cheaper than estore honda

ANC hater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Hey everyone, first post here!

Unfortunately... I had an incident in my civic vs my garage door and now I need to replace the black matte plastic piece of the passenger side mirror. Have no clue how to remove the mirror or replace any of the parts. If anyone knows this information please help. Thank you for your time in advance!!!
I have the same exact issue and I was debating on not to fix it my self as well my passageer side mirror the flat black plastic piese is broken I found the parts I need but idk how to break it down

ANC hater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
These are replacement parts for my drivers side mirror. I haven't ventured into my own teardown yet.... I also need the stalk piece and I am waiting for that piece to arrive before tearing into it. So at this point I am not 100% clear on how to remove the mirror itself but will likely adjust the mirror in one direction or the other to see if I can glean any idea of the technique required. Has to snap onto the adjust mechanism in some fashion.
Please update when your done!

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Please update when your done!
I ended up going a slightly different direction. It turned out the stalk that the mirror is attached was also damaged. So I ended up returning the two pieces I had purchased and purchased the entire drivers side mirror assembly (which included the entire stalk and mirror already assembled. Drivers side is $80-ish dollars.

I then replaced the entire drivers side mirror by removing the door panel and the tiny triangular door sail trim that the tweeter is mounted to. Once this was removed it revealed three nuts for the entire mirror assembly. Unhooked the wire harness, undid the nuts and the old mirror slide right out. Fed the new mirror assembly back through the three holes, reconnected the wire harness and re-assembled the door sail and door panel and it was complete in less than an hour.

I still have the old mirror assembly and I will attempt to determine how one would remove the mirror glass itself to get at it's separate component pieces individually replaced instead of replacing the entire mirror assembly.

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
2016 Honda Civic Sedan - Side Mirror Glass Removal
Tools Required: -Flat blade screwdriver

The removal of 2016 Civic mirror glass from the mirror assembly it is affixed to, seems more involved and somewhat more delicate than the examples I found on YouTube for previous generation Civic mirror assemblies.

Step One:
Adjust the mirror so it pointed up and all the way toward the car. This would be all the way up to the upper right corner for the drivers mirrors and all the way up to the upper left for the passenger side mirror.

Step Two:
Locate the white tab that should be exposed behind the lower outside edge of the mirror. It is inset a bit should be visible.

Step Three:
Insert a flat bladed screwdriver just between this tab and the back of the mirror and twist (turn) the screwdriver. This should begin to release the set of tabs/notches holding the mirror in place.

Step Four:
Continue to insert the screwdriver a small amount and repeat the twist. Continue in the same fashion from the bottom lower corner of the mirror to the upper inside corner. At some point you should feel it really begin to pop loose. Gently pull the mirror loose and fold it up to the inside corner of mirror where you can remove the power leads to the heated mirror.

Link to PDF with pics:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6340909/2016 Honda Civic Sedan - Side Mirror Glass Removal .pdf

Last edited:

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not 100% sure about the passenger side mirror but the drivers side mirror has two self tapping screws directly behind the mirror that hold the 2 half's together. The piece on top that matches the color of the car is a snap in cap and there is another cap beneath the reveals two screws that are part of the attachment to the stalk from the door itself.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone know how to remove the passenger side mirror? 27273913126_4fb13bcd06_b

The passenger side mirror may vary slightly with the camera also wedged in there but it parts catalog doesn't really show anything different.
http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...able-engine/interior-bumper-cat/mirror-2-scat

Good luck!
To get the two halves apart also requires (in addition to the two screw locations circled in red) releasing a tab which is the lower right of the 3 retanglar sections in near the upper screw. Then there is a hole in the bottom of the mirror to release another tab (hidden) and finally a screw on the bottom side (that was covered in black tape on my mirror) that has to either be access with the mirror swiveled in just the right position or by removing the mirror form stalk it is mounted to (another three screws) visible when the bottom plastic cap is removed.

Given how intricate the assembly is, I can see how dealerships typically look to replace the entire assembly. The drivers side is somewhat palatable in cost to completely replace but the passengers side with the lanewatch camera is down right pricey.

Galasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Oh... Went to vote for the president, it cost me $400 for passenger side mirror... So more cars near the school... The dealer $140 work + $ 280 mirror. But broke only Garnish assy. I have a dilemma - repair it at home and paid about $50 for parts, or go to dealer for $420+tax. Maybe 5 months ago anyone have a pictures, how to repair the mirror?

Last edited:

frogsthatmoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring - WOP
What is it with these Civics and destroying their side mirrors :p

Anyways, I hit a deer on my home from work last night. Thankfully was able to swerve enough that he only hit my mirror but now I need the whole thing. I'm looking at those parts sites listed above, but does it come fully assembled? Or is there an asterisk? *some assembly required. I haven't cut the wire harness that comes from the car, but I don't know of any other way to get the wires out of the now broken mirror because they're too big to fit through the hole where the mirror hinges.

Please let me know if those website above sell the whole thing as one unit, that'd be ideal and I'd rather pay a little more for that.

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
After $286 and two hours in the dealership waiting room, my passenger mirror is fixed. I only bought the mirror part and the black housing part (approx $88) and the rest was labor. I didn't appreciate the fact that they added more labor to "aim the camera" and then had to test drive my car!!???? Why not just LOOK at the mirror, why tale it out on the road?

prince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
This is my issue exactly. How did you order your black plastic housing?
Sponsored