Anyone know how to do a proper burn out without the front wheels hopping and jumping to avoid breaking the drive train ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 44294
  • Start date
  • Watchers 11

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I believe when the car us moving if you pull the emergency brake the ABS system goes all hands on deck to stop the car. Including front brakes.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Car is a 20 type r. whenever doing an aggressive start from a light the front tires will jump and hop rather than doing a nice smoky burnout . Are there suspension parts or techniques to avoid the jumping and hopping ?
Just get a $30 Perrin rear motor mount insert and enjoy blissful smooth application of power. Best mod I've ever done to any car - highly recommend a lot of lubricant in the mount mating area itself it seems to have kept my NVH vibrations super minimal. Been running it for almost half a year now and love it.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Verified: We have a built-in linelok system:
Seatbelt on —>hold parking brake button up —>dump in the first gear and let go of the clutch rear —>rear wheels are locked, front wheels can do a burnout.
Did you also try it with the seatbelt OFF?

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Verified: We have a built-in linelok system:
Seatbelt on —>hold parking brake button up —>dump in the first gear and let go of the clutch rear —>rear wheels are locked, front wheels can do a burnout.
do you need to hold the parking brake as you dump the clutch? or are you just confirming its engaged

blacklightning.fk8

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you also try it with the seatbelt OFF?
This guy has it right.
Seat belt off with handbrake on then start burnout.
Once ready, click in seat belt. It is going to take off the handbrake and you will leave 11s as long as the eye can see :thumbsup:

R14344

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus Hatchback Titanium, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Contact this guy for help... o_O

Watching this gave me anxiety. I was fully expecting his engine to detonate like some of those other burnout fail videos. I'm probably just a boring fiscally conservative 43 year old these days but I couldn't help but think about the tread life on his tires.

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Rear motor mount will fix it. I have the Perrin insert and it got rid of the wheel hop on the street.
+1 ! The Perrin inserts are inexpensive, do an excellent job holding things steady and are nowhere near as harsh to live with as the actual racing mounts.

I put the racing mounts (upper and lower) in my 2015 Si, wife refused to ride in the car till I took them out. Filled both factory mounts, and had 90% of the comfort of stock mounts with 90% of the performance of the racing mounts. The Perrin inserts do the same for the FK8 with a zero hassle, simple installation. One of the best, cost effective purchases for anyone with a daily-driver Type R.

OP
OP

Deleted member 44294

+1 ! The Perrin inserts are inexpensive, do an excellent job holding things steady and are nowhere near as harsh to live with as the actual racing mounts.

I put the racing mounts (upper and lower) in my 2015 Si, wife refused to ride in the car till I took them out. Filled both factory mounts, and had 90% of the comfort of stock mounts with 90% of the performance of the racing mounts. The Perrin inserts do the same for the FK8 with a zero hassle, simple installation. One of the best, cost effective purchases for anyone with a daily-driver Type R.
Sweet! I will have to order a pair

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sweet! I will have to order a pair
You just need one insert bud they swap out with the factory rear motor mount. Bit of a bitch to get out but so very worth it.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Buy a car that is meant to be raced in a straight line.
Kind of a silly statement with the amount of torque these cars have. A $30 rear motor mount insert eliminates all wheel hop.

Wanting to accelerate fast off the line or eliminate wheelhop out of an aggressive turn doesn't mean someone should soil themselves by buying a rustang. Come on man lol

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You just need one insert bud they swap out with the factory rear motor mount. Bit of a bitch to get out but so very worth it.
the whiteline rmm insert is one piece, this guy is talking about the perrin which is two pieces

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe when the car us moving if you pull the emergency brake the ABS system goes all hands on deck to stop the car. Including front brakes.
It does but i believe if you disable the traction control fully with the little dance then the rear wheels only can be locked by pulling the lever...I have yet to try it tho, cause i forgot...but someone told me it works.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the whiteline rmm insert is one piece, this guy is talking about the perrin which is two pieces
It sounded like he was going to buy two of them. Yes the part is two pieces, but it's just a single purchase :)

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
Kind of a silly statement with the amount of torque these cars have. A $30 rear motor mount insert eliminates all wheel hop.

Wanting to accelerate fast off the line or eliminate wheelhop out of an aggressive turn doesn't mean someone should soil themselves by buying a rustang. Come on man lol
Sure you can eliminate some of the wheel hop, you still aren't blazing a trail as a drag race car in this thing. :p

Literally no one said buy a Mustang... hahaha
Sponsored