Anyone know how to do a proper burn out without the front wheels hopping and jumping to avoid breaking the drive train ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 44294
  • Start date
  • Watchers 11

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Sure you can eliminate some of the wheel hop, you still aren't blazing a trail as a drag race car in this thing. :p

Literally no one said buy a Mustang... hahaha
Agreed, not that kind of car - but that part I mentioned eliminates it - not just some of it - all of it - like the car feels a billion times better with one than without - try it for yourself! It's like 30 bucks lol.
Sponsored

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
You just need one insert bud they swap out with the factory rear motor mount. Bit of a bitch to get out but so very worth it.
When I bought mine, it was like a clam-shell set, one fit into the voids in the OEM lower torque mount from the top, the other from the bottom. Even with the little packet of grease they provided, you are correct...they were a bitch to get in there. Used a bench vise with 1x4s on each side to squeeze them in place.

Ah, just read your post, a different insert. Thank you for the clarification. I hadn't seen that one or I might have gone that route. No complaints with the Perrins though.

I do feel a tad more vibration at idle and just off idle, but once moving the rubber is enough to absorb the higher frequencies so they feel like stock. They made a huge difference the next track day, with greatly improved transitions on and off throttle, particularly in turns. Much better off the line, too. 1st gear is still a lost cause even with a custom tune and reduced torque, but they got rid of most all the hopping in second. Third is rock solid even with 385/394 wheel.

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
To each their own, etc. I can't help thinking though how this reminds me of high school. Like, high school in the 1970s, when we would file out of the parking lot in our cars (most of which had so little torque that doing a burnout was an impossible dream even if they were all RWD). There was always some guy with a muscle car or wannabe muscle car who would pull up to the speed bump, so that the forward edges of his rear wheels were snug against the rear slope of the bump, get out, dump a bunch of bleach on the speed bump area, get back in, and then do a classic smoky burnout, or at least try to. Much of the time it was a hilarious fail.

Never understood the fascination with destroying one's own tires like this, though I did go through a phase where I liked stoplight racing. Got a ticket for blowing away a BMW with my old Mustang; was doing, well, a lot more than the limit when I got pulled over, but the cop hated Bimmers so I only got a regular ticket and not one for racing :).

And nuthin' wrong with Ford's pony, y'all. Hell, if I could have a RWD as a daily up here, I'd be in a Bullitt or a Mach 1 for sure.

Masmackles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I mean good way to send out tires... Kinda upset I didn't know we could do this so easily I woulda took the OGs to cords instead of letting tire place dispose of
Sponsored