Anyone know how to do a proper burn out without the front wheels hopping and jumping to avoid breaking the drive train ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 44294
  • Start date
  • Watchers 11

Deleted member 44294

Car is a 20 type r. whenever doing an aggressive start from a light the front tires will jump and hop rather than doing a nice smoky burnout . Are there suspension parts or techniques to avoid the jumping and hopping ?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Contact this guy for help... o_O

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Car is a 20 type r. whenever doing an aggressive start from a light the front tires will jump and hop rather than doing a nice smoky burnout . Are there suspension parts or techniques to avoid the jumping and hopping ?
Rear motor mount will fix it. I have the Perrin insert and it got rid of the wheel hop on the street.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Waste of time. Get a good tune and proper tires.

OP
OP

Deleted member 44294

Guessing he just has his parking brake on?
No, because you can actually put your car in gear and hit the gas and go without turning off the parking brake as it will do it automatically for you . Unless someone else knows of a little trick that keeps the rear brakes on well no breaking on the front wheels this fella probably installed a line lock on his rear .

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
No, because you can actually put your car in gear and hit the gas and go without turning off the parking brake as it will do it automatically for you . Unless someone else knows of a little trick that keeps the rear brakes on well no breaking on the front wheels this fella probably installed a line lock on his rear .
If I'm not mistaken it'll only do it automatically if you have your seatbelt on. I could be wrong though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 44294

"All TC fully off. Hold the parking lever up and 1st gear rev up to bout 4K and drop the clutch."
Verified: We have a built-in linelok system:
Seatbelt on —>hold parking brake button up —>dump in the first gear and let go of the clutch rear —>rear wheels are locked, front wheels can do a burnout.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Deleted member 44294

Interesting. So the car isn't fighting the front brakes?
NO. In a regular rear wheel drive car when you put on the emergency brak it’s just the rear brakes not the front and I suppose our cars work the same way I mean why would they be different
Sponsored