Anyone know how these cars will be allocated? What is the yearly production number.

OP
OP

m3cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
I'm in sales at a dealership and last I talked to my regional rep she said that there will be 78 of these coming to the US per month when production gets consistent. She was told that by the engineers at Baltimore when they were shwping them to the regional reps. So it would line up with 3000 total production count for the 2017 and 2018 models combined.
Thanks for the info. Wow, 1500 units per year is not much at all considering so many horrible honda dealers. Perhaps we should all take whichever color the good dealers have?
Sponsored

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
I'm in sales at a dealership and last I talked to my regional rep she said that there will be 78 of these coming to the US per month when production gets consistent. She was told that by the engineers at Baltimore when they were shwping them to the regional reps. So it would line up with 3000 total production count for the 2017 and 2018 models combined.
Yeah their supposed to start building and shipping to other nations towards the end of June (or was it July?) So hopefully the States will still get a trickle until the changeover to 2018 units

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
You down for a dragon run jtrown , it would be pretty cool after a few of us get our cars.
Well I'm a good ways south down here on the coast. I've ridden the dragon many times. Last time was a 2007 Z06. If I can get away it would be a blast!!!

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
I'm a little closer to the dragon , but I've never been , so once I pick the R up I'll definitely be looking to scoot out there one weekend & let her rip.. I will definitely get tons of pictures UFO.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went there earlier this year. Had a lot of fun. Only drove the "Tail" there late Friday evening, and on the way back. They have people out there taking pictures from different startup sites, for you to buy, should you wish. I think the full look is like 110 miles. Some areas have long sweepers, and sharper turns, at 55mph, instead of the "25mph" posted limit on the "Tail". I played catchup, chasing a dude on a GSXR 1000R. It was a blast.
Not sure how the OEM brake fluid will hold up, if you plan to push it a bit...

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will suggest Prospeed RS683 Brake fluid. I bought some Torque RT700, but evidently it was taken from Prospeed. So it is the same stuff.
I had it in my 07 Civic SI, and in my wife's 09 Fit Sport, and we ran 2 lapping days at Mid-Ohio on it, and there was no brake fade, or spongy pedal. It was firm both days, and performed flawlessly. It is DOT3, DOT4 and DOT5.1(non silicone) compatible. I don't have stock, or get paid for this, just my experiences.
Specs:
Boiling Point: Dry 683.2° F (361.8° C), Wet 439° F (226.1° C)

EDIT: I apologize for skewing WAAAY off topic.

Last edited:

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
Yeah their supposed to start building and shipping to other nations towards the end of June (or was it July?) So hopefully the States will still get a trickle until the changeover to 2018 units
Production for the UK starts in July, probably also for other markets like Australia and New Zealand, and you'd think they will need a big batch built for the launch in those regions like they did for North America so I'd expect there to be a gap from July on where no cars are being built for North America. That is just guesswork though so it could be wrong. I've not yet heard anything definite about when they might settle into "normal" production where they're building cars for all markets in turn, which I'd guess is the point where you'll start seeing 2018s.
Sponsored