Anyone know how these cars will be allocated? What is the yearly production number.

m3cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
I hope someone knows how these cars will be allocated. So far it seems that these cars are coming in one trim with a random color allocation to dealers.

My dealer claims that they have a car without a date. Anyone else has this issue and does anyone know how long until a delivery date is issued.

I wonder what is the total year production, limited model or production and how will the production be allocated. Monthly, quarterly, or yearly?
Sponsored

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
I hope someone knows how these cars will be allocated. So far it seems that these cars are coming in one trim with a random color allocation to dealers.

My dealer claims that they have a car without a date. Anyone else has this issue and does anyone know how long until a delivery date is issued.

I wonder what is the total year production, limited model or production and how will the production be allocated. Monthly, quarterly, or yearly?
That's the great unknown. Honda is keeping its mouth shut, dealers are trying to scam 5 to 25k and the rumor is about 3k cars to the US between 1100 or so dealers........ yeah.

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag

I've got a deposit down here in TN. However, the dealership doesn't have information on when they'll be getting it. It's a waiting game.

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got a deposit down here in TN. However, the dealership doesn't have information on when they'll be getting it. It's a waiting game.
Are you first on the list? Do you have first right of refusal? While you're waiting you should be calling about 20 other dealers just to see what's going on. I'd never trust one dealer with the Type R. Some folks here say it's causing inflated prices but do you really want to put your trust in one dealer or do you want the car?

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait a moment - are you saying that some dealers can't be trusted to treat you honestly and fairly with the Type R? Color me shocked.
:eek:
Well that's just in America

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
Are you first on the list? Do you have first right of refusal? While you're waiting you should be calling about 20 other dealers just to see what's going on. I'd never trust one dealer with the Type R. Some folks here say it's causing inflated prices but do you really want to put your trust in one dealer or do you want the car?
I got a call this morning. Getting gun metallic. Wanted white but it's all good all

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
I'm Tn too , just left the dealership and got everything squared away. Whitch part of TN are u inn?

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
I'm in sales at a dealership and last I talked to my regional rep she said that there will be 78 of these coming to the US per month when production gets consistent. She was told that by the engineers at Baltimore when they were shwping them to the regional reps. So it would line up with 3000 total production count for the 2017 and 2018 models combined.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
I'm in sales at a dealership and last I talked to my regional rep she said that there will be 78 of these coming to the US per month when production gets consistent. She was told that by the engineers at Baltimore when they were shwping them to the regional reps. So it would line up with 3000 total production count for the 2017 and 2018 models combined.
That honestly seems somewhat reasonable after demand settles. Dealers may have to trade others to get their customers one if they do not get any after the initial allotment, but seems decent. You figure this first production run will sell out instantly, second one as well. Then for the 2018s, a big rush from those who didn't get first go and then a much lower demand from then on out is likely.

I wonder how long until one ends up sitting on a lot for longer than a couple days.

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice , I'm in Memphis.. maybe once a few of us get our cars , we could set up a meet up & dragonrun !! I would love to get my new R out on the tailofthedragon.
That's not far from me.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
That's not far from me.
Heck yea , must be nice. I'd be tearing that road up all the time. Once I get my R , I'll definitely be heading out that way to run the dragon.
Sponsored