Anyone installed trailer hitch, yet?

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
http://www.civicx.com/attachments/march-23-2017-required-special-tools-and-equipment-pdf.31398/

(Required Special Tools and Equipment, Page 20)

Lists two tools related to testing trailer wiring. If you're not supposed to tow a trailer, why does Honda consider these "required tools"?

Tow Doctor™ Circuit Tester, Test all tow vehicle wiring functions, HOP50918
Trailer Hitch Wire Harness Tester, Test harnesses without having to connect a trailer. (4-pin and 5-pin), TLT5
Sponsored

Bugman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just joined this forum and did an immediate search for hitches. Anxious to put my 16 Touring to work with my bike! Great thread, thank you for posting all your photos.
I just put on the DrawTite and used a Yakima bike with two bikes this morning. If you are handy and have a steel cutting wheel you can do it yourself. Taking the rear fascia bumper covering off is part of the hardest part of the whole project. Once done it tucks in nicely.

TheCarpooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic Touring. 24,144th Touring Sedan out of the Indiana plant in 2016.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed the Drawtite hitch and went with a Swagman rack. Love them both. I had the hitch professionally installed, I don't have the skills, or tools, or patience, to do that work. The hitch connects solidly and the rack has a wide range of placement for the bike wheels. With a 19.38# bike on it the entire set up travels well. The 1 1/4" allows some flex so it feels like there is a lot bounce when traveling, but nothing comes loose. I don't keep the rack on all the time, I put it on only when I need it. Goes on with the anti-sway bolt in 2 minutes, the bike in less than 1 minute. Love it!

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone installed trailer hitch, yet? 20170507_180551[1]

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone installed trailer hitch, yet? 20170507_180532[1]

augustus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
I installed the drawtite hitch as well. It wasn't too bad, the only odd thing i had to do was hammer down the two hooks that temporarily hold the bumper. They were messing with the bolt hole alignment. Once I figured that out, it was smooth sailing.

augustus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
Does anyone know of a relatively cheap way of covering up the hitch? I could get a Honda plug for it, but i was wonder if there's a way to disguise it as a central exhaust? Any thoughts on that?

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
:headbang:probably cutting my center exhaust tip off to fit trailer hitch. ill sell it to you so that you can have it welded to make a custom center exhaust hitch cover .lol

TheCarpooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic Touring. 24,144th Touring Sedan out of the Indiana plant in 2016.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag