First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm thinking about getting something like the NRG 200 Series Seats for my '18 Civic hatch, but I couldn't find anything talking about installing them into 10th gen civics.

I doubt i'd have too many problems (save for electronics issues), but I'd like to know if there are any potential issues or anything I should know. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'll probably get an airbag warning, I'm pretty sure airbags in seats is standard for the Civic. One issue I've ran into with putting aftermarket seats in my cars is contact with the center console when sliding forward/backwards. The bottoms are usually wider/taller than OEM seats because of the bolsters.

I've used the inexpensive racing seats before, not NRG but they are pretty much all the same rebranded seats at that price. They are not comfortable for long drives at all. If possible, go some place that sells seats and try a few styles out. Depending on your body, some seats will feel horrible because of the tight lateral and shoulder support.

theonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 1.5T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/garage/jonnys-hb-sport-touring.558/

Jonny's old hatchback did recaro's and he's knowledgable with his old hatch.
For the airbag issue, he said "Just need to test the SRS plug with a multimeter then insert the correct resistor."
asked him the question before.

I hope this helps!

OP
OP
littleprincerex

littleprincerex

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've used the inexpensive racing seats before, not NRG but they are pretty much all the same rebranded seats at that price. They are not comfortable for long drives at all.
Hey, thanks for the tips! What makes them uncomfortable for long drives (I don't doubt they are, just wonder why exactly)?

theonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 1.5T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
im going to assume is the side bolesters and back support on the racing seats.
but thats me.

Snooopyslr is correct, try out a few style before purchasing.
I remember Bride and Recaro are pretty comfy

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey, thanks for the tips! What makes them uncomfortable for long drives (I don't doubt they are, just wonder why exactly)?
Racing seats are much more firm than any OEM seat. It's just sitting on a harder surface. You'll feel it in your bum a lot more.

I love the feeling of the shoulder bolsters tho. My shoulders fit really good in my STI seats (Recaro) and it takes pressure off my back and neck. Those are OEM racing seats tho, they are much softer than my old Sparco Turino seats I used to have.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Hate to revive an old thread, but i've been thinking about doing an aftermarket install with bride recliners I have from one of my old project cars.

Have a few questions though... How dangerous is it to remove the stock seats in case of an accident on the street compared to track? I would assume the only things to worry about would be the seat airbags and the reclining mechanism.

I ask because in my last accident in my 8th, the driver seat airbag deployed, but it didn't help me. It actually made it worse. It slammed into my upper arm and shoulder as it deployed, then bounced back towards the rear. So it didn't cover the door card like intended. Just made my entire arm purple for 3 weeks. The curtain from the ceiling seems like it certainly helped though. So i'm not sure if I should be concerned about losing the bags. Just don't wanna be swapping seats every time I get home from autox back to the stock seats.

OP
OP
littleprincerex

littleprincerex

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hate to revive an old thread, but i've been thinking about doing an aftermarket install with bride recliners I have from one of my old project cars.

Have a few questions though... How dangerous is it to remove the stock seats in case of an accident on the street compared to track? I would assume the only things to worry about would be the seat airbags and the reclining mechanism.

I ask because in my last accident in my 8th, the driver seat airbag deployed, but it didn't help me. It actually made it worse. It slammed into my upper arm and shoulder as it deployed, then bounced back towards the rear. So it didn't cover the door card like intended. Just made my entire arm purple for 3 weeks. The curtain from the ceiling seems like it certainly helped though. So i'm not sure if I should be concerned about losing the bags. Just don't wanna be swapping seats every time I get home from autox back to the stock seats.
I actually didn’t end up doing this bc of that reason, actually. (Or rather, my dad refused to let me do it and he’s making most of the payments).

I honestly wouldn’t be too concerned, it’s one airbag (two for both seats I guess) and if I’m not mistaken, the earlier CivicXs didn’t even come with them.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
I actually didn’t end up doing this bc of that reason, actually. (Or rather, my dad refused to let me do it and he’s making most of the payments).

I honestly wouldn’t be too concerned, it’s one airbag (two for both seats I guess) and if I’m not mistaken, the earlier CivicXs didn’t even come with them.
I decided i'm gonna do it if I can figure out how to make the system safe and have the other airbags deploy in the event of a crash. I know I can use a resistor for the drivers side, but there's the issue of the OPDS for passenger side, which detects weight on the seat. I keep looking for the weight sensors and such on hondapartsnow to swap into the brides but I only see the heating coils? Where is the weight sensor for the passenger side? Is it in the rails now?

DavideGT29

First Name
Davide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x sport
Country flag
Does anyone know the correct number of ohms for the resistor? 2 ohms is right?

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
any input on how to install aftermarket seats but keep the front airbag active.
I meant, in case of accident, will airbag deploy if i have aftermarket seats?
Sponsored