anyone install 2020 Front/Rear bumper fascia vents yet?

typeRtommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Looking to upgrade my 2019 with the 2020 bumpers - anyone seen this for sale yet painted from Honda?
Sponsored

OP
OP
typeRtommy

typeRtommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I found the part numbers on this forum but it appears they are only available for the fk7 as of right now.

do we know if they will fit? I also read that the rears may not fit right and some cutting is needed.

hoping someone has the right info or has already done this and can share!

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking to upgrade my 2019 with the 2020 bumpers - anyone seen this for sale yet painted from Honda?
It’s been on sale since 2017. It doesn’t come painted.

Honda Civic 10th gen anyone install 2020 Front/Rear bumper fascia vents yet? 6D706B33-A957-4E76-AC46-62EA9ADDF6E9
Honda Civic 10th gen anyone install 2020 Front/Rear bumper fascia vents yet? 18C502EA-BFF6-4259-B992-B11C4837CCFC

Update: The title of this thread changed after I posted the above reply. This is still helpful info to know that the bumper cover remained the same, only fake vents, grille, and lip are changed for 2020. Cheers.

Last edited:

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the ones for a black 2020 Si. I wasn’t a fan of the color matching trim but liked the look over the fake vent. I made the rear an actual vent because the rear vent comes off and I cut the backing out and same with the bumper. It’s an actual vent now. Not the best pic but you can kinda see it.
Honda Civic 10th gen anyone install 2020 Front/Rear bumper fascia vents yet? 4857B0A0-5BBD-4810-89CC-8F44110E0383
Honda Civic 10th gen anyone install 2020 Front/Rear bumper fascia vents yet? 0146A656-B715-4F2D-8EA0-0D00D95758FE

OP
OP
typeRtommy

typeRtommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I got the ones for a black 2020 Si. I wasn’t a fan of the color matching trim but liked the look over the fake vent. I made the rear an actual vent because the rear vent comes off and I cut the backing out and same with the bumper. It’s an actual vent now. Not the best pic but you can kinda see it.
4857B0A0-5BBD-4810-89CC-8F44110E0383.jpeg
0146A656-B715-4F2D-8EA0-0D00D95758FE.jpeg
Dope looks great I really like how the black looks. how difficult was this, do both bumpers need to be removed? Did they seem to fit normally? I’ve heard the rear do not.

also what year is your Si?

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dope looks great I really like how the black looks. how difficult was this, do both bumpers need to be removed? Did they seem to fit normally? I’ve heard the rear do not.

also what year is your Si?
The front was super easy, they’re held by little tabs and a push clip. There’s a YouTube vid that shows. You don’t have to take either bumper off. The rear is held by two philips screws and same kind of tabs as the front. You can get to them from going under the rear and they’re right there.

Mine is a 19’ and my rear was already set up for the new style and they would have gone right in with no modifications but I wanted real vents so I cut it out. They all fit perfect with no issues at all. I think 17-18s you’ll have to cut out a little of the bumper but that was super easy. I used a utility knife and it was like butter.

EDIT: I apologize, I know this was specifically asked for a type r but I’m like 99% sure it’ll be the same kind of thing of very very similar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
typeRtommy

typeRtommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
The front was super easy, they’re held by little tabs and a push clip. There’s a YouTube vid that shows. You don’t have to take either bumper off. The rear is held by two philips screws and same kind of tabs as the front. You can get to them from going under the rear and they’re right there.

Mine is a 19’ and my rear was already set up for the new style and they would have gone right in with no modifications but I wanted real vents so I cut it out. They all fit perfect with no issues at all. I think 17-18s you’ll have to cut out a little of the bumper but that was super easy. I used a utility knife and it was like butter.

EDIT: I apologize, I know this was specifically asked for a type r but I’m like 99% sure it’ll be the same kind of thing of very very similar.
That’s great - did you get off Honda parts now? Last I saw the only color available was black

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s great - did you get off Honda parts now? Last I saw the only color available was black
I work at a Honda dealer so I had our parts guy order them up for me in black. There’s a radar cover that was on back order for months but everything else was available next day.

HILNDAR

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe sold. 2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
So you want to sell your 2019’s? Where in SoCal?

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how was the install, did it fit just right or was there some elbow grease that had to go into it?
They went on with no issue at all. Clipped right in and fit perfect. I was actually surprised at how easy they were to install.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
They went on with no issue at all. Clipped right in and fit perfect. I was actually surprised at how easy they were to install.
I'm interested in putting the 2020 black-finished vents in the front on my 2019 CTR. I can't seem to decipher how I correctly buy the color black for both left and right, how did you decipher or perhaps you could confirm with your dealer? Thanks for the help,

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm interested in putting the 2020 black-finished vents in the front on my 2019 CTR. I can't seem to decipher how I correctly buy the color black for both left and right, how did you decipher or perhaps you could confirm with your dealer? Thanks for the help,
It’s in the part numbers. I told him I wanted the ones for a black Si. Best bet is to call the parts department and get a part number for both in black. Then you can search with the part numbers for best prices and availability.