MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just moved into Elk Grove from San Bruno (Bay Area).

I don't mind meeting or anything, but I was wondering where people go for their service needs. In the future, I'm looking to get:
  • Window tinting
  • Paint correction + ceramic coating
  • Fog light swap/installation
  • Cords tucked for GPS nav & radar detector
  • Convert rear "fake" vents to "real" ones
  • Quarterly oil changes, and other regular maintenance
Then later when I actually get the parts and a tune, I'm looking to do things to my clutch, gearbox, exhaust (maybe), and down the line even audio (unless I have to change out the infotainment system).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, and I'm glad to be over here!
Sponsored

Last edited:

aymehr

Ari
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I am in Folsom. I just had my windows tinted at this tint shop at Rancho Cordova: Royal Tint they did an excellent job on my car.

I ordered a pair of Morimoto LED fogs lights that are arriving tomorrow. I will try to install them this weekend. Should be similar to your Si since the hatchback has the same front bumper.

OP
OP
MuffinMcFluffin

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am in Folsom. I just had my windows tinted at this tint shop at Rancho Cordova: Royal Tint they did an excellent job on my car.

I ordered a pair of Morimoto LED fogs lights that are arriving tomorrow. I will try to install them this weekend. Should be similar to your Si since the hatchback has the same front bumper.
I got the Morimoto's as well, but when I took it to one person who was detailing my car back in December, he said it won't be as easy as plug-and-play. Not sure if that is correct or not, though.

Is RCRT offering ceramic tinting as well?

Thanks a bunch!

aymehr

Ari
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Yeah the Fog lights are actually designed for non-Si sedan and coupes only, they need to be modified a bit because the screw holes don't match. There is a thread here somewhere that goes over it if I find it I'll share it with you.

As for ceramic tinting; yes they do offer ceramic tint. The brand they use is Rayno Window Films and the model is Phantom. I asked them to do Phantom S5 for me which is the basic ceramic tint. Their S9 is the high end one which costs around $400-$500 depending on the car. They offer lifetime warranty on their work also.

Here's their yelp page. https://www.yelp.com/biz/royal-tint-rancho-cordova-5

PS: Welcome to Sac.

OP
OP
MuffinMcFluffin

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah the Fog lights are actually designed for non-Si sedan and coupes only, they need to be modified a bit because the screw holes don't match. There is a thread here somewhere that goes over it if I find it I'll share it with you.

As for ceramic tinting; yes they do offer ceramic tint. The brand they use is Rayno Window Films and the model is Phantom. I asked them to do Phantom S5 for me which is the basic ceramic tint. Their S9 is the high end one which costs around $400-$500 depending on the car. They offer lifetime warranty on their work also.

Here's their yelp page. https://www.yelp.com/biz/royal-tint-rancho-cordova-5

PS: Welcome to Sac.
Thanks a bunch! Sorry, I've been offline for a few days. I'm going to check them out for sure.

The problem is that my windshield now has a few teeny rock chips, and I've been told that I have to get a new windshield if they're going to tint it.

Edd

First Name
Edd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
FYI. There's a private shop called Shannon Family Automotive on Sibley Street in Folsom. Nice place, they work exclusively on Toyo and Honda products.

OP
OP
MuffinMcFluffin

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
FYI. There's a private shop called Shannon Family Automotive on Sibley Street in Folsom. Nice place, they work exclusively on Toyo and Honda products.
What kinds of things do they do there, though? Mechanic work, cosmetic work, electric work, routine maintenance?

NUshek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EX-T 6MT
Country flag
I'm in Sac. I just got mine tinted at Genesis Window Tinting (they have 2 shops, one in Elk Grove and one in Roseville). I went to the Roseville one...was chatting with the owner there and he said the elk grove shop does a little higher volume (~10 cars a day) while the Roseville one does about 5. They definitely pay attention to detail and take their time...does take awhile to do. I was happy with it. I had previously gone to JH Tint and was happy with what was done but that was 3M color stable and I wanted to try Ceramic this time. My coworker also took her Audi to Genesis not long after me and hers came out really nicely too.

aymehr

Ari
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
What kinds of things do they do there, though? Mechanic work, cosmetic work, electric work, routine maintenance?
I've taken my other cars there before. They specialize in Japanese cars (but do work on other brands, too). They do mostly mechanical repair and maintenance work as far as I am aware. Not sure if they do cosmetics, you'd have to ask them.

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Are you guys still local?

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I am in Sacramento as well. Worked in the Bay Area and got job closer to home. I did contact Afiinity Performance in Rancho Cordova via Yelp. They quoted $660 to Install the 2020 Type R Shifter and Hybrid Racing Shifter Bushings on my '18 Si.

Will contact Shannon Automotive too and Overkill as well.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I am in Sacramento as well. Worked in the Bay Area and got job closer to home. I did contact Afiinity Performance in Rancho Cordova via Yelp. They quoted $660 to Install the 2020 Type R Shifter and Hybrid Racing Shifter Bushings on my '18 Si.

Will contact Shannon Automotive too and Overkill as well.
LOL $660 for that are you serious? I can help you if you wanted to do it

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LOL $660 for that are you serious? I can help you if you wanted to do it
Thanks saiko21 and yeah $660 is way overpriced. There saying it will be an approximate 6 hour job.

I appreciate the help but don't have the tools and nervous even after looking at all the install videos. We can meet up once Covid slows down more. It would be great to have a Sacramento Meet-up :)

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Thanks saiko21 and yeah $660 is way overpriced. There saying it will be an approximate 6 hour job.

I appreciate the help but don't have the tools and nervous even after looking at all the install videos. We can meet up once Covid slows down more. It would be great to have a Sacramento Meet-up :)
sure, it's simple job but time consuming because of all trim panels which needs to be removed but not 6hrs job for sure. I spent mostly 2 or 2.5 hrs when I was doing it on my car for first time.

@Rone811 is also in sac area and we can setup a meetup and a drive near placerville

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
sure, it's simple job but time consuming because of all trim panels which needs to be removed but not 6hrs job for sure. I spent mostly 2 or 2.5 hrs when I was doing it on my car for first time.

@Rone811 is also in sac area and we can setup a meetup and a drive near placerville
Sounds good my friend! Let's plan something together in the near future. I first need to pass a state exam for my new job.

I am looking at the T
2020 Type R Shifter, due to affordable price and even considering the Buddy Club shifter too:)
Sponsored